Step 4: Puberty

"A real lady holds her head high, but never her nose."

Yes, you read right. I'm going to talk about puberty.

Just a short side note: This chapter is self-evident for the most of you. I wrote this chapter for my younger readers, who are about to go through it or are already in that stage. I will write things I've learned and been told to from my mother and female friends.

I hope they can help you out (:

I know that some of you can't really open to your parents much and talk about these intimate stuffs, therefore I'm going to give you as much information as possible.

Let's start.

-What is puberty?

Puberty is the time when children (both girls and boys) reach the sexual maturity and become capable of reproduction.

Your way of thinking developed in a mature way (that means you start thinking more about your status and future), your body structure becomes more adult like, as well as your face and surprise! That's the time starts to kick in.

*whispers* The time where female have mood swings, period cramps and crave for food, while the male must bear with it for a whole week.

Yay... *gulps*

Hahaha.

This is the glow up you youngsters mostly define.

But there's more to that.

-When does it start and end?

For girls it mostly starts at the age 8 to 14 (some have it earlier, some later).

Same goes to when it ends. It depends on your body, and you shouldn't be to discouraged if you're different from the majority.

In these type of cycle in your life, you should start to learn how to love yourself.

Why?

Because you'll soon notice how the real-world works.

Everyone does their own thing and simply don't care much on how you look or what you do.

- What are the stages of puberty?

Stage 1

Mentally: You simply mature up.

Example: You start to think more about yourself (the way others perceive you and wanting to fit in) or give up things you used to like (example: Barbie dolls)

*whispers* some still haven't passed that stage and just grew up... Lmao-

Physical:
No visible change for some. But if you do then, that would be started to develop 'buds' (small bump under your chest area that will turn to breasts).

The symptoms are itchiness around

Now this is not uncommon for one breast to be larger than the other one and that is completely fine!

Don't make it an insecurity and embrace what your body has developed. Also, your uterus begins to get larger.

You'll also notice slight pubic hair on your vaginal area and your body hair increases. (Arms, armpit, legs and upper lip)

Don't be frightened, it's just normal to have those! Nothing to be disgusted or to be hated on. Everyone has them.

Stage 2

The physical changes can be seen around the age of 12 for most girls.

Like your buds continues to grow, your hips and thighs build up fat, your pubic and body hair starts to grow thicker, and you might start to have acne (pimples) on your face or back.