10.

000 d, 00 h, 00 m, 00 s 

It was harder than I had expected to find the same path I was on just last week again, and I cursed myself for not paying more attention to our surroundings that day.

Though, the way Arcan City looked from out here seemed familiar, so did the half-paved path and the forest stretching out in front of me.

It was greener than I remembered; the forest closer, almost making me wonder whether I had completely walked past the house— which would've been concerning, seeing as the way up to the forest was nothing but bare stretches of grass.

It'd be hard to simply overlook a house there.

Though, as soon as that doubt crept into my mind, I noticed the smooth, white edges I was looking for, my pulse picking up at the same time.

Now that the building had my undivided attention, I noticed many things that I didn't before.

Like the way the most prominent color was green rather than white. The smooth stone the house was built from covered with uncontrollably growing plants and grass weed.

The way it resembled nothing Arcan City originally stood for. It seemed messy, unmaintained; the opposite of perfect.

Pacing back and forth in front of the closed door, I tried my best to arrange the words before they came out of my mouth; before he even stood in front of me. I wasn't planning on going in. I wasn't even planning on arguing.

I was planning on stating my proposal like there was no way around it. Because quite frankly, there wasn't. Not in my world.

So, when I knocked on the door, and it was opened around ten painfully long seconds later, the words fell out of my mouth before I even looked up.

"You're meeting my family on Saturday."

Quick, bold, cutting right to it without much of a fuss. The only thing wrong with it was the person I said it to.

"Already? You must be very sure of yourself, chérie."

I lifted my head quickly at the words and the unfamiliar voice murmuring them, my eyes meeting piercing blue ones instead of the brown I had expected. Eyes widening, I opened my mouth to say something, though no words followed the action as a blush crept on my cheeks.

The platinum blonde huffed in amusement, leaning against the doorframe with his arms crossed in front of his chest, a brow quirked. "You're muffin girl," He stated, head tiling as a smirk formed on his lips.

"You're not Harry—" I blurted out, cutting myself off with a groan as soon as I noticed my mistake.

"Harry—?"

"— Never mind." With his tongue, he poked the inside of his cheek in amusement, his smirk deepening as he looked me up and down once. "Your friend," I quickly continued. "Brown hair, horrible attitude—"

He nodded knowingly, huffing in amusement while standing up straight. "You call him... Harry?" He asked instead, his lips twitching into a smile before biting his lower lip to keep it off his face. "Well, Harry—" He couldn't help his lips twitch into a smile then. "—should be back soon. Come in."

He took a step back into the house, hand ruffling through his white hair as he waited for me to follow him in.

Now that I wasn't angrily chasing after someone, I had more time to take a look around the place instead of just rushing through it.

The walls of the corridor were white; corners rounded off— Just as many plants decorated the space and covered most of that white with greenery, though.

Following the boy through a rounded archway, he led me right into what I presumed to be the living room. My eyes widened considerably, taking in the room that was not only bigger than I expected but... more colorful, as well.

Every single wall, the ceiling, the floors and even the furniture was painted a pale shade of sage green; the only thing standing out the few lamps scattered around the room, illuminating their surroundings in a pale yellow.

We stood in an oval-shaped archway, opposite of us, a large window that allowed us to look right at the setting sun. The room was just as organically shaped as the rest of Arcan City, three steps at the side of the room leading down to a conversation pit that held the sofas, chairs and round coffee table.

The setting sun tinted the whole room into a soft orange, and I couldn't help myself when I began tracing the green coloured wall. The material was smooth, almost like it wasn't painted but naturally this color.

Lips still sightly parted, I continued walking along the wall as it curved outward before a few organically shaped holes appeared in it; letting me look right into what I assumed to be the study. To my surprise, this one's walls were as white as snow again.

When he cleared his throat, I turned around a little startled, embarrassed to admit I forgot he was even there for a second.

"It's—" I swallowed thickly, taking another look around the room before walking towards the three steps leading down to the couch he sat on. "—bigger than I expected," I admitted, and he nodded in agreement, taking another look around the circular room himself.

"Right, yes," He huffed with a smile. "You get used to it pretty quickly. Quite the opposite of Arcan City's glamorous white, isn't it?"

Still in awe, I simply nodded as my eyes latched onto the setting sun disappearing behind the treetops in front of me. I sat down. "And it's just the two of you living here?" Judging by the many archways leading out of the room, the house seemed bigger than it first led on.

My gaze still focused out the window; I decided I enjoyed the blonde's company a lot more than his friends. Despite the muffin incident on the weekend. He seemed nice enough to hold a decent conversation with, at least.

The bar was honestly quite low.

"No, well, it's three of us," He quickly corrected, and I nodded in interest, eyes finally dragging over to look at him sitting on the other side of the couch. Just like I was a moment ago, he was completely mesmerised by the setting sun, his full attention on it. "Esmond, his sister, and me."

Esmond wasn't anything close to Harry. That was the first thing that came to mind.

And then, after a few seconds, I decided Esmond was too nice of a name for a man like him. I scowled at the realisation, though quickly put on a small smile as I felt a pair of eyes on me.

Looking back at the blonde, his features completely relaxed for the first time since I was here, I noticed his prominent cheekbones, sharp jawline as well as the natural frown on his face that I hadn't seen before.

He seemed like a cold person; harsh features, icy stare. Yet, he was the one I was holding a pleasant conversation with.

"And your name?" I wondered out loud, watching a small smile sweep away his frown before I looked back out of the window.

"Arley." 

-

You don't understand I'm obsessed with this man jhgfdx

Penny for your thoughts?

I hope you enjoyed today's chapter. <3