Hurting & Fighting

After tossing and turning for several hours you managed to finally fall asleep, only to wake up in the early morning after hearing some footsteps and feeling some small hands touch your shoulder. ''Y/N?'' Oz asks and he seems a bit confused and also scared, you can see the worry in his eyes. ''Hey buddy are you okay?'' you ask and sit up on the sofa to make some space for him but he shakes his head clearly something is wrong with him and you pat the space next to you but he climbs onto your lap. Although you have already spent a lot of time with Oz before and you have been close with him and maybe hugging him this is different. You have only been around children when you were younger and sometimes some customers at the cafe would show up with some kids and you would make them hot chocolate but this is different. Children are very important to you and you would love to have some of your own one day but having Oz this close and him clearly needing comfort is kind of a bit much to you and you have no idea what to actually do. ''What happened?'' you ask and stroke your fingers through his hair. His eyes meet yours and he explains ''I had a nightmare'' and you tilt your head understanding why he is scared. Ever since you were young you used to have bad nightmares and whenever you have them you wouldn't be able to sleep that night. While living at the coven it was particularly hard with all the constant threats like witch hunters around so you would spend many nights in the greenhouse reading or practicing your magic to kill some time. ''What happened in the nightmare?'' you ask him while still running your fingers through his blonde curly hair. ''It was my mom she ...someone hurt her'' he explains and he looks even more frightened now as he probably has flashbacks from the nightmare. ''Hey it's okay look at me'' you say and move his chin up so his eyes meet yours again ''I promise you right now, no matter what happens I will never let anyone hurt your mom, I will fight promise'' and he looks less scared now he makes you pinky promise which you do without hesitation. Because it is true, if someone ever hurt Ally nothing could stop you and you would fight with your life. Your slowly understanding how important that woman actually is to you and what a big part she has in your life and you feel stupid for mourning after a woman that never loved or could love you so you wanna stop making it so hard on yourself and Ally and tell her the truth about your feelings. ''Why are you always so nice to my mom and me?''  Oz suddenly asks pulling you out of your thoughts and you have to think of an appropriate answer. ''Listen Oz your mom and you mean a lot to me, after I moved here you showed kindness to me and you are both actually a big part of my life now, your mom is a very special woman'' and he smiles and gives you a hug. The hug takes you by surprise a little bit but you hold onto him. What neither you or Oz know is that Ally also woke up from hearing Oz go downstairs and she has been standing by the living room door for a while just watching you two with a sweet smile and after hearing those words and her heart swelling up a little she thinks its time to announce her presence so she clears her throat. Both Oz and you immediately look over to Ally and Oz runs over to her and hugs her and she gives you the sweetest smile that could make you melt right there. You are embarassed that Ally heard you say those things to Oz and your cheeks are red. ''Oz you gotta get ready for school in a bit why don't you get ready?'' Ally suggests and Oz nods and leaves to his room. After he leaves Ally approaches you and you feel nervous with every step she takes and your heart beats a lot faster being around her. ''That was sweet''she says as she sits down next to you and although you didn't think it was possible you blush a little bit more. ''Are you feeling better?'' she asks and you nod because until now you actually forgot what happened and why you are sleeping there in the first place. ''Okay I'm glad'' she says and you smile at her before getting up to get your things. ''Listen I gotta head to work now'' you explain and Ally nods ''Would you wanna shower here?'' she offers but you still have to change into work clothes and those are at your apartment so you explain that to her and she nods. As you are about to walk out of her house not really caring about the fact that underneath your jacket you are still wearing her pajamas she reaches for your wrist which causes you to turn around and meet her eyes. ''Um listen Y/N I wanted to take Oz to the carneval tonight, would you wanna join us?'' and her offer makes you happy and maybe this will be a good opportunity to talk to her so you say ''Yes I would love to, when should I be here?'' you ask and she smiles and answers ''Be here by seven darling'' and you leave her house with a big smile.