Chapter 17

"Stiles," Emberly sat next to her brother on the ground, looking up at who she believed to be Stiles. Though he looked the same, though covering Stiles' body was glowing blue and white markings; some looked like words, others drawings and symbols. "Stiles, are you okay?" Emberly crochet over her healing brother.

"Run," A whisper drifted through the air.

Emberly pushed the whisper away, watching Stiles move his body as if he was adjusting to some kind of a change. "This will do," Stiles commented.

"Run, Emberly, run," Emberly's attention snapped to her brother beneath her. "That isn't Stiles; everyone needs to run." Chase grabbed his sister's arms to begin pushing her.

"I don't think she's going anywhere," Stiles sneered, turning to look at the siblings. "You, on the other hand, I don't think you're of much use to me." Emberly wanted to scream, watching Stiles' eyes glow pure white; a white flame emerged from Stiles' hand, raising it to attack Chase.

"No! I won't let you hurt him!" Emberly shouted, using the last of her strength to set her body in flames in hopes of protecting her brother.

"Silly child, your little flames won't protect him, but if you insist, I'll keep him around for now. After all, he is the reason I am here now." Stiles chuckled as he extinguished Emberly's flames. No one could extinguish a Phenoix's flames; Emberly felt as if Stiles had taken her soul.

"W-who are you," Emberly gasped out. Whatever Stiles had done had cut off her oxygen for a short second, but it was enough to leave her breathless.

"Me? Well, I am this world's worst nightmare. I am the most powerful being; why else would we have gone into hiding after being hunted for our power. I can do what no witch can, what an emissary wished they could; I am stronger than any Alpha werewolf." The echo in Stiles' voice shook Emberly and the Valentine pack to their core. It pierced into their souls. "I am the all being Shepherd of old."

I have no idea who drew the picture that I used for this chapter; I found it on Pinterest and fell in love with it and instantly thought that was exactly how I picture my Stiles in my head. 

Also, I know this is short, but now that we've gotten this out of the way, we should be moving along much easier. I hope.