Chapter Twenty- One - Heartbreak [EDITED]

Scarlett's POV

I wake up the next morning with a grin on my face.

"Good morning love" I say and when I get no reply, I look around and see that I am alone in the room.

I get off the bed and pick one of his shirts lying around and put it on and go in search of him.

"Where on Earth is he?" I ask myself.

Try the study, my inner voice, aka Gabriella, says.

"Of course why didn't I think of that", I say.

Because you're not that smart, she says and I roll my eyes and choose to ignore her.

As I get closer to the study, I hear some unusual sounds coming from inside it. I slowly open the door and the sight I'm met with breaks my heart into a million pieces. There behind the desk was Xavier, having sex with the person I trusted the most, person I loved aside my family, the reason I was working my ass off every single fucking day.

On the desk, was none other than Claire. She sees me and smiles.

"What's going on?" I ask and that's when Xavier turns and sees me standing there.

He smirks and continues pounding into her. I slam the door shut and head back to the room he kept me in when I first got here and the tears start flowing. I tried to stop it but it seems like I no longer had control over my eyes. The door opens and Claire walks in wearing nothing but a shirt which belonged to Xavier.

"Hi there. Long time no see Scar" she says.

"Why? Why did you do this to me. Last time I saw, you you were dying in the hospital. I took jobs upon jobs to try to pay for your bills. Your own family left you, yet I took you in and took care of you. And this is how you repay me? By sleeping with my boyfriend?" I say all traces of sadness slowly disappearing and being replaced by complete and utter rage.

She rolls her eyes at me and that's when I noticed the colour. Her eyes were red like that of Xavier's, instead of their usual brown.

"You know about him, don't you? And you're one of them" I say and she smirks.

"So the truth has finally come out. Yes I'm one of them. And yes, I know about them. Now let's get this straight, I never asked you to take multiple jobs, you did that on your own. I never asked you to take care of me, you did that on your own too. And I never slept with your boyfriend, I slept with my husband." she says and my heart just breaks into more pieces.

"Y-Your husb-band?" I ask.

"Yes my husband. Aww, you didn't know? You were just a girl he slept with to try to replace me", she says.

"Please get out" I say, losing all the energy left in me.

"Oh don't worry, I'm leaving. After all, I still need to satisfy my husband, if you know what I mean" she says with a wink and walks out of the room.

I sit on the bed and cry my eyes out. Sobs upon sobs rack me, causing my entire body to shake beyond control.

This can't be happening. It's just a dream. It's just a dream. It's just a dream, I repeat to myself over and over again, trying to convince myself that whatever that is happening is nothing but a nightmare.

I close my eyes and open it again only to realise it's not a dream but my painful reality.

This can't be happening, I say.

I'm sorry Scarlett, but it is, says my inner voice says.

You knew this would happen? Why didn't you warn me? Why did you let me fall in love with him? Why did you allow me to get hurt like this? I ask her.

I had no control over the events which just took place. It was already written in your destiny. It had to happen. And I did try to warn you but you wouldn't listen. Once again, I'm sorry, she says and disappears to the back of my head.

The door opens again and in walks the cause of all this pain. In walks Xavier with his hands in his pockets.

"Why are you here?" I ask him but he doesn't answer.

"What, you want to hurt me some more? Go ahead, take your best shot" I say and he rolls his eyes at me, but stays silent.

"Why are you here?" I asked again.

"I came to see how you were doing" he says and a sarcastic laugh escapes my lips.

"See how I'm doing? Yeah right" I say and he clenches is jaw.

"I'm serious Scar" he says, and all my anger returns.

"You don't have the right to call me Scar anymore. And you certainly don't have the right to stand here and ask me how I'm doing after all the shit you just put me through. I did everything for you. I left my whole life behind just to be with you. I thought you loved me"

By the end of my little speech the sadness returns.

"Look, I never loved you. I only told you I loved you in order to get your powers" he says and my heart continues to break.

"And you say your life? You never had a life in the first place, it was all planned. Your parents aren't even your real parents. They are not even human. I sent them to earth after your real parents died trying to hide you from me. You may not know this, but you possess great power. Well at least you used to. Oh and before I forget, I sent Claire and Ryan into your life too. Too bad Ryan had to fall in love with you. Anyways all I'm trying to say is, I've always been watching you. And you've been mine since you were born" he says with a wicked smile on his face.

Black dots start dancing in my vision and I become dizzy and feel sick all at once.

"Oh don't pass out yet, there's more. You still can't leave. You're to stay here and take care of my unborn son" he says and my eyes widen.

"Not only have you destroyed my life, but you plan on getting me pregnant? Have you lost your goddamned mind? I don't want to carry your child. Scratch that I don't want anything to do with you. You're nothing but a low life useless piece of shit who only cares about himself. I hate you. Do you hear me? I fucking hate you, and I'd rather die, than have anything to do with you" I say and he just stands there looking at me with a blank face.

"Are you done? Cause if you are done talking, now it's time to listen." he says and takes a threatening step towards me.

"You will stay with me. And you will give me an heir" he says.

"I'd rather die" I spit out and push him out and slam the door on his face. I hear a crack and the hiss behind the door and a sadistic smile makes its way to my face, knowing I had at least hurt him.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Hey guys. Three chapters in one day! Anyways let me know what you think and don't forget to vote and comment.

XOXO,

Rahina