Chapter Thirty-Four - Can't Get Enough [EDITED]

Xavier's POV

"Angels? What are they doing here?"I ask my guard and he just cowers in his place.

Pathetic

"Gather all our warriors and meet me at the gates. You're dismissed"I say to him and he immediately runs out of the room.

"What do you think they want?", Mr Anderson asks me and I shrug.

"Guess we're about to find out" I say.

Scarlett and her friends come out looking tired as hell.

"What all the commotion about?" Scarlett asks as she rubs her eyes.

"Angels" I say simply

"Angels? What do they want?" She asks and I shrug again.

"Let's go find out." I say and they all nod.

Scarlett walks by my side all the way to the gates and I can't help but admire her. She's changed since the last time I saw her. She looks more confident. Her stance is more confident too. I feel pride swell up knowing she's my mate.

She still hasn't forgiven you dipshit, one of my inner demon says.

You think I don't know that?, I say and he shuts up immediately.

We get to the gate and I see Angels surrounding the place. Michael, once a good friend of mine, stands in the front of the group.

Must be the leader, another one of my demons comments and I can't help but agree with him.

"Greetings Angels. To what do I owe this visit?" I say with a smirk.

"Jake Xavier. We have been sent by the Almighty to come get you and kill the girl." Michael says and a growl immediately escapes me.

"Over my dead body" I say and he smirks.

"I was hoping you'd say that" he says

"You had your chance. Now, you die" he adds and turns to his army

"Let the battle begin!" He yells and all he'll breaks loose,literally.

Third Person's POV

Let the battle commence!

The angels and demons collide, as both sides battle for control of their respective realms. The angels are armed with their holy weapons, their angelic blades glowing in the light.

They slash at their enemies, attempting to keep them at bay. The demons, in return, use their own weapons in retaliation. They fling fire and brimstone while screeching many unearthly insults at the heavenly figures.

The angels persist in their attempts to vanquish their opponents. Their wings flare majestically as they launch themselves into the sky. The demons are not to be outdone, however. With a deafening roar, they grow in size, gaining strength and power as they advance.

Finally, the angels make a final push against the onslaught of darkness. They swing their blades with a force that rivals any sword wielder in history. The sheer intensity of their power is enough to make even the demons quake in fear.

In a split second, it appears that the angels have won the day. However, the tide of this battle is about to be tipped, for out of nowhere come the forces of the dark side. A hoard of demons appear on the field, overwhelming the opposing side with their sheer numbers and power.

Fun The demons quickly gain an upper-hand against the angels. The latter are quickly backed into a corner, their weapons now rendered useless in this supernatural conflict. They have no choice but to surrender; they have lost this battle to the forces of evil.

But all hope is not lost for the angels.

Michael sees the chance to kill Scarlett who was busy fighting off some angels. With a loud cry, he battles against the demons and heads straight for her. Xavier sees this and runs toward Michael.

He pushes him to the side just before his blade slices through Scarlett's heart. They run towards each other, each thirsty for the blood of the other. The battle goes on for what felt like decades but was merely a few minutes. Xavier slices through his old friend's heart with a heavy heart. He knew it had to be done, for he couldn't lose his soulmate.

Finally,with a final surge of power, the demons manage to defeat their enemy and save the day. They celebrate their victory with cheers and applause. They have defeated their foes, children of darkness being victorious over light.

It has been a hard fought battle, but they have remained triumphant in the face of great odds.Now that their enemies have been defeated, they can finally rest for a while.

For there's more to come.