Chapter Twenty-Seven -More Surprises [EDITED]

Scarlett's POV

A week passes of non stop training. I tell the alpha to gather everyone and get ready to attack. They all gather in the middle of the forest in their wolf forms and await their next command.

"Friends! Our time has come to attack and get revenge on the one who has caused us great pain. We will attack at midnight. Anyone have something to say?" I ask and no one says anything.

"Anyone?" I ask again and still get no response.

"Alright then we_"

"It's a suicide mission" A voice in the crowd says cutting me off.

"Excuse me? Who are you?" I ask.

"Step out and show yourself. And tell me why it's a suicide mission." I say and the person who steps out makes my eyes widen.

It's the man from the music shop I used to work at.

"Yes my dear it's me. I have come to help you train because from what I just saw, you're not ready to take on your mate" he says.

How the hell does he know all of this.

"I know everything dear." he says.

How the fuck does he keep doing that?! Wait, can he read minds?

"Yes i can. Now quickly, let me cast a spell on you to make your moves stronger and faster." he says

"What?! Are you out of your fucking mind?! Or do you think I'm stupid? I barely know you and you want to cast a spell on me. You could be working with the enemy for all I know." I say taking a step back.

A look of hurt flashes on his face before a kind smile overtakes his features.

"I brought some friends to show you that I'm harmless"

As soon as he says that, Chad and Ryan materialize in front of me.

"Scarlett!" they both scream and rush to hug me.

"I missed you so much girl. Where were you? I went to your house and no one was around. You've been gone for almost three months!" Chad says and my eyes widen.

Three months? I've been here for barely two months.

" Yeah Scar, you scared _" Ryan stops and starts to sniff the air . He suddenly grabs Chad and bites into his neck.

A look of pain is evident on his face as Ryan drinks his blood.

"Ryan! What the hell is wrong with you?! Stop it! You're hurting him." I scream and get ready to attack him but I'm held back by the man from the music shop.

"Let them be child. He's not hurting him." he says.

"The hell he's not. Don't you see the look of pain on his face!" I question him.

"Look again" he says and I turn around to see the pained look on Chad's face morph into one of pleasure. Ryan removes his mouth from Chad's neck and says "mate".

Chad smiles and Ryan smiles back before a look of horror takes over his face and he quickly moves away from Chad.

"No. You can't be my mate. I'm not gay. I love Scarlett" Ryan says and Chad looks heartbroken.

Ryan looks at me one more time and runs into the forest. Chad still stands there with tears in his eyes and runs into the opposite direction Ryan run in.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

It's night time and Ryan and Chad are still not back and I start to get worried. I don't think they're in their right state of mind to be staying out this late.

I get up and go to look for them. I use my heightened senses to listen to the things happening around me. I hear a lake about a mile away and a faint heartbeat. I start running towards that direction and there I see Ryan crouched down beside a tree.

"Hey Ryan" I say and he lifts his head and I see the unshed tears in his eyes.

"Hi Scar" he says with the faint smile.

"What's up?" I ask.

"I'm sorry for running away. I just couldn't accept the the fact that I'm gay and he's my mate" he says and the tears starts falling. I sit next to him and hand him a tissue.

"It's not so bad being gay Ryan. Chad is a good guy and he'd never hurt you if that's what you're worried about" I say to him.

"That's not what I'm worried about. He seems like a really nice guy but it's hard Scar. Really hard. I've loved you for a while now and then I find out I'm gay." he says and I realize how much this must be affecting him.

"There's actually something i want to talk to you about. I don't know how much the King has told you yet but I'd like to tell my part of the story."he says and I nod as a sign for him to continue.

"When I was 5, my parents were killed by angels. The reason, I don't know. They were about to kill me too when the King showed up.

He saved me. He said he'd take me in if I swore my undying loyalty to him, so I did. He brought me here to the underworld and trained me to be a warrior. At first it was hard, seeing as I was a mere human compared to these demons, but I kept training hard.

By 16 I had made my first kill. It was a fallen angel. He was trying to rape a girl in the street. After I killed him, I was given the opportunity to become a demon. Of course I agreed cause I had nothing left to lose. So, I became a demon warrior.

A few years later you were born. The king felt you the minute you were born. He crawled into your window one night and when he touched you, he realized you were his mate. He was angry at first. He thought God was just trying to make you his weakness so he resented you.

He then assigned me to be your protector. I watched and protected you from the dark. One night as I was running an errand with the King, your parents were attacked. They killed both your parents. We found you and brought you back here. That was when the King assigned your new guardians. That's all I can tell you for now.

I don't even know when I started catching feelings for you" he says

"What can I say, I'm one hot piece of cake" I say and we both laugh.

"Remember that dog you got as a gift, Max?" he says and a smile takes over my face.

"Of course I remember. You were so scared of it" I say.

"Yeah no, I wasn't scared of that dog. It wasn't even a dog in the first place. It was a guardian. Someone sent that guardian to you to protect you. It saw me as a threat and that's why it attacked me that day. They are really dangerous creatures and that is why I didn't attack it. That thing could kill me with just one bite" he says and my eyes widen.

"Guardian dog? Who would send me a Guardian?" I ask

"I don't know but whoever it was must really care for you if they sent you a guardian and the person must know what I am" he says.

"You are right. I do care about her" a voice says behind us, startling both Ryan and I.

We turn around and see the man from the music shop again.

"You? You sent the Guardian dog?" I ask and a tender smile appears on his face.

"Yes Gabriella. I sent Max" he says and my eyes widen.

"How do you know that name?" I ask and his smile widens.

"I know everything about you Gabriella" he says

"How?" I ask

"Because I am your father"

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Dun dun dunnnnnnn. Soooo, what do you guys think. Let me know in the comments. And don't forget to vote. See you in the next chapter lovelies.

XOXO

Rahina