Chapter Thirty-Three Attacked 2 [EDITED]

Third Person POV

The battle begins with Scarlett and her army charging forward and attacking the warriors of hell. The battlefield is strewn with corpses. Xavier looks at the battlefield to heavily-armed nightcrawlers and demons facing off against each other. The armies of Scarlett and Xavier clashed on this battlefield to fight for Scarlett's revenge.

Nightcrawlers charge forward and engage in close combat with the demons. The nightcrawlers seem to be winning but the demons fight valiantly. It looked like the nightcrawlers were about to win, but then the demons made their dramatic comeback. The nightcrawlers are pushed back as the demons launch a counter-attack. Both sides are now evenly matched as they battle fiercely.

The battle was intense as both sides fought tooth and nail. Neither side seemed willing to give an inch. The demons launch a new offensive, pushing the nightcrawlers back and forcing them to retreat. Despite their valiant efforts, the demons had to retreat before the might of the warriors of hell.

Xavier grabs Scarlett who was covered from head to toe in blood by the neck and asks her to surrender since her army had retreated.

Xavier's POV

"Surrender" I say and light squeeze her neck. She struggles against my hold but my grip tightens making her release a quiet whimper and stop struggling.

She offers her neck as a sign of surrender and I let go of her and she collapses to the ground. I see Ryan and two other men, run towards her and help her back on her feet.

"Are you okay Scar?" Ryan asks and she nods her head and says she's fine.

"I told you this wouldn't end up well for you" I say to her

"Whatever punishment it is you have planned should be given to me, leave them out of this" she says with her head held high.

"Are you crazy? We did this together, if you get punished, so do we" the younger one of the two men say's and hugs Scarlett.

Jealousy boils deep in my belly when I see how close she's letting him get to her. A growl involuntarily leaves me and all eyes turn to me. The younger one's eyes widen when he notices my glare is directed at him.

"Uh Scar, tell your man to stop glaring daggers at me." He says

"He's not my man Chad." She says bitterly.

"Of course I am" I say and she glares at me.

A heavy silence falls over us. The situation quickly becomes awkward with none of us having anything to say.

"Ok this is getting weird" Chad says and I nod my head in agreement.

"Um I guess you guys can come in. I'll send some people to clean all this shit up and we can discuss what we do next" I say and turn to start walking back to the mansion.

I hear footsteps behind me indicating that they were following me back. We get to the mansion and I call one of the guards to tell him to get some people to clean the battlefield.

"Ok well get comfortable. I'll show you to your rooms later." I say

"Are you ok?" I ask Scarlett and she completely ignores me. Guess she's still not over the fact that she lost.

"Looks like someone's a sore loser" I say with a smirk.

She quickly rushes towards me but is stopped by the older guy.

"Slow down there kiddo. You're still hurt, you need to take it easy ok?" He asks

"Alright dad" she says

So he's her father. Now that she's mentioned it, they do look alike. I'm surprised he's alive. The council told me they had eliminated him and her mom and sent me to eliminate Scarlett too. But I couldn't, even as the devil I just couldn't do. One look at her and I knew she was mine, I just had to wait for the right time to present itself.

"Hey Douchebag! I asked you a fucking question" my trip down memory lane is interrupted by Scarlett snapping her fingers in my face.

Did she just call me a douchebag?

"Listen up Scarlett, you might be my mate, but that does not give you the right to disrespect me like that" I say and she chuckles.

"I'll talk to you how I fucking like. Now show me where I'll be sleeping I need to rest" she says and it's not my turn to chuckle.

"Have you already forgotten? You sleep with me in my room" I say with a smirk and she glares.

"You wish" she says

"Well it's either you sleep in my room or in the living room downstairs" I say and raise an eyebrow at her. The living room had been destroyed earlier and I know for a fact she wouldn't want to sleep there after the day she's had.

She glares some more and starts walking towards my room making me chuckle. I turn back to the three men standing in front of me.

"Ok Ryan you already know where you'll be sleeping. Chad and Mr Anderson come with me" I say and turn to lead them to their rooms.

"Actually, I'll be sharing a room with Chad, he's my mate" Ryan says and I nod

"Alright Mr Anderson, this way please" I say and he nods and follows me.

I lead him to the room next to Scarlett and mine.

"Alright, this is it" I say

"Thank you. Don't think I've forgotten all the shit you put my daughter through though." He says, his eyes turning a scary shade of electric blue.

"I know what I did was wrong. I'm ready to accept any punishment you give to me" I say with my head held high.

"Good. Now if you'll excuse me, I need my res_" his words are cut off by one of my warriors running towards us with a panicked look on his face.

"What now?" I ask, getting fed up of my warriors not being able to take care of these petty situations on their own.

"Angels. Angels are at the gates of hell"