G O O D B Y E

C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - S E V E N

- 3 WEEKS LATER -

• • •

Cassiopeia was sitting inside of her family's mausoleum. They had just placed Safya and Jacob's bodies in the mausoleum. The last Miller couldn't move her body, almost as if she was paralyzed.

She didn't let no one attend the funeral, apart from Isaac who was there to hold her. He was currently sitting next to her, letting her have her moment with her family.

"I'm so sorry mom, dad. I couldn't protect them like I was suppose to"

She said while pressing her head against the stone cold marble of the mausoleum. Her hands trailed on the engravings on her parents names as tears rolled down her cheeks.

"I'm sorry. I didn't- I didn't protect them. I'm so sorry. Please forgive me"

She cried out before moving towards Safya's tomb.

"I should've spent more time with you, Saf. I love you..I love you so much, my little witch"

"Jake...I should've hugged you more. I should've told you I loved you more. I'm so sorry, twilight"

She whispered before standing up, placing a kiss on their tombs, Cassiopeia fixed her dress before walking out of the mausoleum. Isaac grabbed her hand as the two of them got inside of the Impala.

• • •

"Are you sure about this?"

Isaac asked while looking at Cassiopeia who had just finished packing her bags. She needed time to heal, and she couldn't heal in Beacon Hills.

"Yeah...I need time, Isaac"

"I know- let me come with you"

"No, Derek needs you. They will all need you"

She said while pressing a hand on his cheek. The boy kissed her palm before feeling tears roll down his own cheeks. With a soft swipe of her thumb, Cassiopeia wiped the tear away from him.

"What about us?"

He mumbled as she sighed heavily, not too sure how they would do without each other.

"I can't make you wait forever, but I can tell you that we'll meet again. I promise"

Cassiopeia said before grabbing her bags and walking towards her car. Packing it, she got inside of the Impala until Isaac pressed his hand on her window.

"At least kiss me"

He sadly chuckled before he pressed their lips together. Their tears mixing together until they backed away from each other. Starting her car, Cassiopeia glanced at Isaac one last time while giving him a reassuring smile.

"I love you, Isaac Lahey"

"I love you too, Cassiopeia Miller"

With those final words, Cassiopeia drove away from the Miller household and her imprint. It pained her to leave but she couldn't heal if she stayed there. Looking at Isaac in her mirror, she knew it was the best decision for both of them.

She drove away. She drove until she saw Beacon Hills goodbye sign. Never looking back after that.

[ T H E E N D ]
for now...