chapter 15

A few weeks later and the warmer weather was finally coming around. August and Josie had been together for a month officially, it was hard to believe.

Josie had driven into the city once more. She had gotten August a small gift and couldn't wait to give it to him, so she decided to surprise him at his office.

She didn't know what she was expecting, but his office was immaculate. There was a very kind secretary on the first floor who helped her navigate to August's office. There were three floors that housed different employees, and he was on the fourth floor with Max.

Max was typing away when she finally made it to the top. He smiled when he noticed her.

"Hi. Is August busy?" Josie asked.

"No, you came at a good time. He just got out of a meeting. He'll be so happy to see you," Max said, going to the door to August's office and holding it open for her.

August never would have expected to see Josie standing by his door. She looked adorable as always, and he was happy to see her. She could make any bad day better.

"Sweetheart, what are you doing here?" he asked, not able to contain a smile as the joy just built up inside of him. He walked around to her side, gathering her in his arms.

"I wanted to surprise you. Is that okay? I'm not interrupting, am I?" she questions softly, cheeks rosy from his pet name.

"Not at all. You can surprise me anytime. I missed you," he murmured, kissing her cheek and then her lips.

It has been almost four days since he had seen her last. Their schedules had conflicted, and August was swamped. Josie was a very understanding and patient girl, but that didn't make distance any easier, not when August wanted to be by her side all the time.

He guided her to the small couch, pulling her close to his side. For once he wished he didn't have work so he could spend the day with her.

"I got you something," she whispered, pulling a small, wrapped box from her pocket.

He eagerly took the box, shaking it gently causing her cute laughter to fill the room. He was like a little kid.

"It's not that exciting, babe," she said.

"I love it," August said back.

"You haven't even opened it, silly," Josie smiled a contagious smile that August couldn't help but catch.

He carefully unwrapped it, genuinely excited that someone got him something. Levi and Max got him gifts for the usually holidays, but this was different. It felt so special to be thought of.

In the box was a leather keychain with his initials engraved on the back. On the front there was a small photo of him and Josie in London.

"This is amazing. I love it," he said once more, jumping up from the couch to go to his desk to retrieve his set of keys.

He took them to Josie, attaching the keyring and holding out the finished product.

"Absolutely amazing," he said again, leaning down to press his lips to hers.

Josie couldn't believe how excited he was. It was adorable, his energy infectious. She wished she could give him gifts everyday, but she hoped he knew how much he meant to her even without a present.

"Are you going to stick around? I know you have to work tomorrow, but I think I can get done with things early so we can get dinner before it gets too late for you to drive back," August said, pulling her into his lap.

Josie wrapped her arms under his shoulders and around his back, tucking her face in his neck. He rubbed her back soothingly.

"I can do that. I'll just hang at your place until your done."

He shivered from her ticklish breath on his neck. Josie smiled at this. He didn't seem to be ticklish anywhere else, but she had a finally discovered the spot. She blew out air on purpose.

"Stop," August whined like a child, unable to control the quirk of his lips. Josie laughed as the serious business man become someone else.

Someone knocking on the door disrupted their moment.

"What?" August called out with a snap. Josie would never get over how fast he could switch moods. She ran her hand up and down his back to calm him.

"Your clients for your next meeting just arrived, Mr. Walsh," Max called.

August gave a sigh, the moment now ruined.

"Thank you for surprising me. I needed to see you. I missed you so much," he said sincerely, meeting his favorite pair of brown eyes.

"I missed you, too, but I'll see you for dinner in a bit," Josie said, leaning down to kiss him sweetly.

August tugged her closer, deepening the kiss, before she pulled away.

"You need to go," Josie told him, standing up and helping him straighten his wrinkled suit.

"Good?" August asked, a twinkle in his eye as he smile fondly at the beautiful girl in front of him.

"Perfectly handsome, as usual."