chapter 21

Mexico was stunning. August had booked them a gorgeous, private home right on the beach. The whole wall of the living room was a glass sliding door that faced the huge pool. It was surrounded by palm trees and the ocean was just a few feet beyond there. It felt like a dream.

August had a few meetings, and Josie decided to take every moment given with the sand and water.

She had only been to the beach once, and it was nothing this tropical or luxurious. She loved the feeling of the sand and the clearness of the water.

Josie had been lounging for probably close to two hours when she heard a whistle.

"Damn, you look good in a bathing suit," August grinned, already in his swim trunks.

He laid his towel next to hers, pulling his t-shirt off. He was drool worthy.

"You're speechless," he teased, leaning over to kiss her.

Josie blushed, "I am not." She crossed her arms subconsciously. Her bathing suit was far from scandalous. It wasn't even a bikini, it was a tankini. She knew it was lame, but she was self conscious about showing off her body, even to August.

"Stop doing that," August said, laying down with a relaxed sigh.

"Doing what?"

"Trying to cover yourself up. You're gorgeous," he said, peeking at her through his sunglasses.

Josie didn't know how to respond, so she did her best to continue reading her book. The gentle lull of the waves easing her into a sleepy state.

A little while later, August sat up from where he was also dozing off. "Do you want to swim?"

"Okay," Josie nodded, a little apprehensive. She was a good swimmer, but had never swam in the ocean.

"Let's get some more sunscreen on first. Can you get my back?" August asked handing her the bottle.

Josie bit her lip, gently massaging the lotion into his back. It felt really intimate and she was hesitant with her hands.

August cupped her face, "You're so shy today. Is this too overwhelming? I can put back on my shirt."

He sleeps with his shirt off and he's helped her shower. She didn't know why she was being so ridiculous, there was just something different about being in a bathing suit, something different in the way she was looking at him. She greatly appreciated how thoughtful he was being about it though

"No, I'm okay. Will you get the back of my shoulders, please?"

He smiled gently, happy to return the favor. His hands running along her bare skin was a heated experience. She could feel her stomach twist into knots. She didn't realize she was holding her breath until his warm hands were gone.

August could see Josie struggling with her thoughts, like there was something she wanted to say, but couldn't.

He couldn't deny how beautiful she was. It wasn't often that she worse clothes that were form fitting or showed off her sexy shoulders. He was doing everything to keep his hands off of her. Touching her back was almost his breaking point. He wanted to kiss her, to feel her.

"Come on," he said, taking her hand and pulling her to the water.

The water was so clear that little fish were visible. The temperature was warm, but cooler than their sun kissed skin.

Josie waded into the water, the waves lapping at her waist, and she sunk down so it covered her shoulders.

August couldn't peel his eyes away. The water dripping from her skin, the way she immediately relaxed in the cover of the water. It was tantalizing.

Josie opened her eyes, blushing when she saw August's heated gaze.

He went right towards her, pulling her close to press a shocking, wet kiss. Her body molded to his in the most intimate way, and she wrapped her arms around his bare shoulders.

He pulled her closer, lifting her up slightly so that her legs could wrap around his waist. Josie let out a shaky moan at the feeling of him.

"August," she whispered when he pulled away, trailing his lips down her kneck into the curve of her shoulder.

The feel of her soft skin against his own was pure bliss.

It was then that Josie realized that her insecurities were only hiding what she really wanted.  This was the man she loved, so why had she surpressed all of her sexual attraction for him? He had now seen her in a bath suit and a towel, she had nothing to be worried about. August had been so patient not to push her, but she was ready for the next step.

"August, I think I want to continue this in our bedroom," Josie whispered so quietly that she wasn't certain he couldn't hear.

He heard all right, pulling away from her tight grip. "Do you know what you're asking, Josie?"

"Yes," she said, looking up into his beautiful blue eyes.