[003]

©1997𝔧𝔧𝔨

tae!pov

--------------

2021, July 15. 10:38

My eyes snapped open. I was immediately met with the sun shining brightly in my face. The birds sang, and butterflies fluttered. Seems like a nice morning, right? I get up, wobbly, and abruptly close the curtains. The room gets dark and I sigh. I can't get over the pounding headache I have due to last nights fiasco, but its worth it.

I then slip on my black Gucci slides and walk out of my bedroom. Im wearing grey lazy sweatpants that hang a bit low, and a plain white t-shirt. My hair is a messy mop of light brown, sprawled across my forehead. I waddle thought the shared apartment into the kitchen.

 'Shared apartment?' Yeah. I have a roommate, but he has barely even been home for the whole 9 months Ive lived here. I don't even remember what the guy looks like. I assume he is off partying, judging by the amount of tattoos the he has. But, who am I to judge? 

I grab a cup of noodles from the pantry and pour some tap water into it. I then place it in the microwave for 3 minuets and walk out of the kitchen. This is my routine. Wake up feeling groggy. Make some food. Go outside to check the mailbox. Walk to work. 

Yeah, walk. I work at a thrift store, where they sell a bunch of rock band shirts and cds. It seems boring, but I actually like it. It also pays good. But..it's a long walk. Oh no. I check the time. 10:51. Well fuck. Im supposed to be at work in 10 minuets. My alarm didn't go off? It's supposed to wake me up at 7:00 am. 

I rush to put some actual shoes on, not bothering to put on socks. I grab a white hoodie with light green text saying 'Fuck off' and slide it over my head. I run my hand through my hair to try and smooth it out, accidentally hitting a new pimple on my head. I wince, but continue. (yikes) 

I grab my phone, wallet, and twirl my keys on my finger. I then skip out the door, completely forgetting my cup of noodles. I go down the flight of stairs quickly, almost falling. I quickly check my mailbox, seeing an envelope in it.

 It's probably just rent overdue rent or something. I don't have time to bring it up stairs so I close the mailbox and rush out the building, waving at the man at the front desk. Wui Songho. 

He is quite the character, but he is also weird..in a bad way. I once caught him checking out some junior, and that alone made me uneasy. I decided to not get too close to him. I check the time again. 11:08. Aish, there is no point in rushing now. I will just waste my energy. I slow down my jog to a walk. 

I would usually go get some free fries from McDonalds. How? I will never tell. But anyways, I don't even have time to eat right now. Aw, fuck! I left my noodles in the microwave. This is going to be a pretty shitty day. Lets just hope Mr. Yun doesn't throw a fit. 

-----------------------------------------♡♡--------------------------------------

"Ugh! $37 for one graphic t-shirt!? Forget it, Im never coming here again. You should lower your prices you hobo. Aish.."

-Yelled a females high pitched voice. I gave her an apologetic smile as she threw the shirt at me at strutted out. As soon as she left, my fake smile fell. 

"$37 for one graphic t-shirt."

-I mocked

"What a cheap snake. Mad at me like I set the prices"

-I continued to grumble under my breath, putting the shirt away, all while receiving weird looks from customers. Once Im finished I prop my elbows on the counter and put my forehead in my hands to try to ease my upcoming headache. Right now would be the perfect time to take some meds, but I can't have Mr. Yun catching me. I fail to notice the woman at the counter, waiting for me to respond.

"Sir.? Are you ok?"

-asked a concerned female voice. My he'd shot up upon noticing she just watched me be a weirdo. I straightened my back and gave a smile. This caused her to giggle. Huh? Whats so funny?

"Your adorable. Anyways, I want some directions to..huh?"

-She pauses for a second to stare at me. I look around a bit awkward. Why is she staring at me? 

"TaeTae? Is that you?!"

-In a quick move, the woman propped one hand on the counter to lift herself up. The other hand was used to grab my face. I yelp and move her hand from my face. She mouth then goes into an 'O' shape and she squeals. 

"TaeTae! It is you! Its me, Lisa! Oh we were jeolchin! Do you remember?"

-My eyes widen slightly. I faintly remember knowing a Lisa in first grade. But after..you know, I left Daegu and came to Seoul. 

"O-Oh! Hey, Lisa..How- I mean- why?"

-Stutter to find the right words. I mean, its my first time talking to someone other than my boss, some customers, the librarian, and fast food workers. What am I supposed to say?

"Oh..TaeTae. How are you? I know about your parents. How have you been handling that?"

-I really don't want to talk to her like this. It will end up getting sappy and I hate that. It makes me awkward when feelings are involved. Yikes..

"Oh, Im good. Just, making lemonade with the lemons life gives you..yeah"

-My voice cracks a bit and I cringe. Oh god, what am I talking about? Please just walk away from me so I don't-

"Here! Lets swap numbers! Ooh, we can be jeolchin again! What do ya say, milky?"

-Oh god. Jeolchin? I don't want to. But I can't say no. She looks so happy. Why can't she see my hesitation? Milky? What the fuck kind of nickname is that? Before I know it, she is writing her number down on a business card and sliding it to me. 

"Wanjeonhan! Now, I need directions to Forever 21. Where is it?"

-I quickly point in the direction she should be going and she smiles. She then waves frantically then skips out of the store. I stand frozen, staring at the number she wrote down. I can just throw it away, right? No, she knows where I work. She will probably come back and ask why I haven't contacted her. 

No, she wouldn't do that, right? Well, then again, I don't really know her that well. Its been 8 years.I grumble curses under my breath and shove the card into my sweater pocket.

 What a pleasant surprise.  

------------------------------

-1136 words

-proof read

-Wanjeonhan: Perfect

-Jeolchin: besties