[004]

©1997𝔧𝔧𝔨

tae!pov

-------------

2021, July 15. 15:34 (3:34 p.m)

"Fired!?"

-I yell, baffled.

"Yes Mr Kim, you are fired. Get your stuff on leave."

"Why am I fired!?"

"We got complaints about you being extremely rude to the customers. That behavior is completely against our policy. So, please pack up and leave Mr Kim. You will receive your last check in the mail by Saturday."

-Said Mr Yun. Wow. Just wow. I have been nothing but nice to these cheap customers and they go and tell Mr Yun this?

"Whatever, this job sucks anyways. Tell the person who called me rude that they are an asswipe.

-I spit and storm out of the store. How shittier can this shitty day get? I walk out and immediately get drenched wet. Its fucking raining. As If the universe doesn't hate me enough. I put my phone in the safety of my pocket and start to run home, careful not to slip.

Lets review my day. I was late to work. Didn't get to eat. Had an awkward encounter with an old friend. I drop a whole stack of clothes I spent my time folding. Im fucking fired, and it's raining. I get the idea to grab my fries but decide against it. No one likes soggy fries.

A sudden loud boom erupts, causing me to flinch hard and run into a lamppost. Thunder. I can already feel a bruise on my head. I continue to run home to get out of the rain.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I quickly unlock the door to my shared apartment, get inside, and close the door with my back against it. I lean on the door for a second. I look around the apartment. The living room. There is a white couch and a wooden coffee table. 

There are no decorations besides one random painting on the wall. There is a tv stand with no tv on it. I still need to buy one.This is all the furniture Ive bought. My roommate is barely here so he doesn't have any stuff here. Atlas he pays his share of rent. 

The walls are a gloomy grey. There is one big window in the living room, but I keep the curtains closed. I look at the tile floor leading to the kitchen. The kitchen has a mini fridge and a stove. There is a pantry with barely any food in it. The walls are bland and the counter tops are dusty. 

I then look down at my feet. I need to start applying for a new job. If I don't, I won't be able to live here. How long will it take to get a good paying job? I don't have any hobbies or interest. Ive never tried anything cool or fun. Beside the one time I went to the mall and spent all my money on some god damned Gucci slippers.

I feel my eyes start to water. This is my life now? I close my eyes for a second to try and stop tears from coming. I furrow my eyebrows and bite my lip harshly. I can't cry now. This is my fault I'm living like this. I suck at everything. I can't make money.