Chapter 16- Scooby-doo Wannabees

It's probably because it feels like I've had my Saturday taken away from me, but the weekend felt way to short for my liking. I'm not ready for Monday, yet here I am.

"Ayato, I'm tired. Carry me to class." I was walking behind Ayato, pressing my forehead up against his back as we made our way to class.

"You're so needy." Was all he said and he just continued walking.

"Geez, did you get enough sleep? You look awful." Osano said after taking a look at my face.

"Oh wow. I usually hear worse things when I look tired. Thanks Osano!" I joked, lifting my head.

He had a look of regret. "W-Well- What I mean is..." He was trying to figure out what to say.

I sigh happily. "Aaaaahhh... Getting to see my favorite tsundere boy get flustered, maybe today will be a good day after all."

Okay, now he looked mad. "You're never gonna drop the 'tsundere boy' nickname are you?"

I let out a small, mischievous laugh. "Uh oh, did you figure me out?"

"Ugh, whatever. Sorry about what I said by the way, I wasn't trying to insult you." He looks away, embarrassed.

"Don't worry about it. No need to be a shy little tsundere!"

"I'm not!" He flushes red.

"Anyways, if you're still feeling guilty about what you just said, you could be the one to carry me.~" I said before laughing, while he looks at me with a blank stare before responding.

"No."

I pout. "Don't be like that. How can you reject these pure eyes?"

His eyes narrow. "There's nothing pure with your eyes. I only see mischief!"

'Well, he's not wrong. Teehee!' "Aw come on, best friends give each other piggy back rides all the time!" He simply shook his head. "What?! I thought we were besties!" I say dramatically before hugging his arm.

He frees himself and looks away embarrassed. "W-We're not 'besties'! A-And don't just hug me out of the blue!"

I cross my arms and laugh. "How cold! Just what I would expect from a tsundere..."

He runs both hands through his hair and looked as though he was about to lose his mind. "For the last time, I'm! Not! A! Tsundere!"

"Tch..." We turn to the source of the sound and saw Ayato looking at us with irritation.

Osano returned the look. "What's with you?"

I pat his shoulder with a smirk. "Don't mind him, he just gets jealous when I befriend other people. Luckily for him he's the best of my best friends, right Ayato?~" He didn't say anything and turns to walk away. I hurry after him with tsundere boy following after me. "Hey, don't be like that. How about this, as my best friend, I'll give you the honor of carrying me!"

Osano sweat dropped at my words. "I highly doubt he'd want to do that."

"Even if I would, I don't need to." He spoke uncaringly.

"Why do you say that?" I ask.

He turns to me again and looks me up and down. "By the looks of it, you no longer look tired. I don't think you need to be carried anymore.

I stared at him for a moment, taking in what he just said. "Boo..." I pout again. I heard a laugh come from Osano, but when I turned to him, he was quick to look away, cheeks red.

"Excuse me?" We all turned to the voice who called out to us, or one of us. It didn't take long to recognize them as the carefree leader of the carefree photography club, Fureddo Jonzu. I looked at him and the other two boys with me, before realizing he had his focus directly on me. "If it's not too much trouble, I'd like to have a bit of your time to ask some questions. Is that okay?" He looks at me with a friendly, but expecting smile.