Chapter 18- He's Back?

Drama club activities went by in a flash. Because of Ayato's mood, I was almost tempted to just go back to my own home. However, that won't solve anything. So now I find myself walking to his place. I took a look around at my surroundings as I walk. It's strange, but ever since I started walking home from school on my own, the walks feel as though they take longer.

When I arrived to Ayato's place, I took out the spare key that his dad gave me and unlocked the door. When I stepped inside, I was greeted by a sight I wasn't expecting to see.

"Welcome home (Y/N)!~" The voice sounded sweet. It was so sweet, but also a little dark at the same time. It was a voice I've come to be familiar with the more I hung out with Ayato growing up. "You're a little late today, but I suppose that can't be helped. Ayato told us you were getting back into drama."

"...Only for a little while." It took me a while to respond, thanks to my shock. "I didn't think you were coming back so soon Ryu."

A warm smile creeps on his face. "We won't be staying long. We'll be taking off again at some point to continue with our... Work." He steps behind me and placed both hands on my shoulders. He proceeded to push me further into the house. "Aw, what are you doing just standing around? You know you're always welcomed here. Maybe you can even tell me why Ayato has been such a grump today."

"U-Uh, yeah." I nodded my head nervously. Even though Ryu is a bit of a father figure to me, I'm aware of how dangerous he can be, and it's more so then Ayato. I can't help but feel intimidated by him. When we stepped into the living area, Ayato was sitting there with his mother.

Ryu beams at his wife. "Look who's decided to join us Aika!~"

She flinches at his voice, but manages to greet me with a smile. "It's nice to see you again (Y/N)..."

I smile back with a bit of force. "You too." Even though I feel like I'm a part of the Aishi family, I'm not actually that close with Aika.

I took a seat next to Ayato, and once I did, Ryu spoke up again with a smile. It looked like the kind of smile that should be bright, but it looked dark to me. "Now that my two favorite kids are here, I believe there's something that needs to be discussed? Was there an argument?"

"..."

"..."

We were both quiet. Ryu waited for one of us to say something, while Aika sat there nervously. "Oh dear, neither of you want to say anything?"

Knowing that Ayato was most likely planning on staying quiet, I ended up being the first to speak. "Yeah, we had a small argument..."

"Oh my. That's never happened before. What could have started such a odd occurrence?"

Ayato sighed. "She made a new friend friend."

"Oh?"

"And she's been spending lot's of time with him." He huffed.

"I wasn't spending that much time with him!" I was quick to argue back.

"We don't even go home together anymore!"

"Only because you made me take part in that stupid play!"

"Whoa there you two." Ryu was clearly taken aback, but not by the arguing specifically. "Ayato, I've never seen you so emotional."

"He didn't tell you? He's met a girl on the first day of school." I said with a raised brow.

"A girl?!" Both parents shout in surprise, obviously for different reasons. Ryu looked ecstatic, while Aika looked majorly panicked.