Chapter 24- The Kyoiku Operation

"That sucks."

"Ayato! This is serious!" I gripped unto the strap of my school bag in anger. I wasn't mad at Ayato of course, but for what happened at the storage room earlier. Thinking back on it is enough to make my blood boil.

"You know, if you didn't want to be caught, closing the door would be a good start."

"You'll never know when someone could walk in on a pair of naughty lovers."

"See my phone here? You know what will happen if you tell.~"

After Kyoiku left, Mido and I hadn't said much to each other. Mido decided that we should just leave the storage room as it is, gave me a goodbye, and left. Honestly, I can't blame him for wanting to cut things short and leave. I kind of wanted to myself after everything that's happened.

A threat... She must have seen me with Amao and assumed I knew what was going on between them. 'With proof, whether it's real or fake, it makes it easy to convince people what you want them to believe.' "Who would have thought she would do the same thing I did to her back at me." I grit my teeth.

Ayato stares at me for a moment. "Your face looks really intense."

"Well gosh I wonder why?" I spoke tiredly, a dead look in my eyes.

He sighs. "She's only threatening to reveal you and Mr. Rana if you say anything about that cooking club leader to the faculty or staff, right? Just leave things as they are and she'll probably leave you alone."

I stopped in my tracks. When I did that, he stopped walking as well. "No. You may be right, but I won't stand for it. That witch dares to blackmail me?! No one screws me over and gets away with it!"

He observes me emotionlessly. "Nice to know you plan on doing something instead of complaining about it." I pout and we began walking again. "So? What do you plan on doing?"

I shrug. "How should I know? I can't think these things up right away." We continued walking for a while in silence before I spoke up again. "I know I'm only asking this now, but why are you following me? Usually you'd be off stalking Taeko before I make it to your house after club for dinner. What's new?"

"The drama queen keeps on complaining about you during classes. It's annoying, but now I'm curious about what you're doing."

'So Osano's not the only one huh?' "I'm going to go see the cat that hangs around the school."

He tilts his head. "Huh? A cat?" He let's out a sigh. "So that's all it was. And here I thought you were up to no good."

"How rude!" We reached the area where the cat usually hangs out. I started coming here lately for the past few days. It could just be me, but I think at some point the cat would wait for me. It's always here whenever I come by at this time. "Look at that! Someone has been eagerly awaiting my return!" I pick up the cat. "Hello sweet thing."

"You know, you're a real roller coaster of emotions today." He looks at me, dumbfounded. "First you're angrily fuming, and now you're in a insanely good mood."

"I wouldn't say I'm in an 'insanely good' mood. I'd say I'm in a 'better' mood." I held the cat up to his face. "Aren't they cute?"

He narrowed his eyes at the cat. "You call this thing cute? As long as my senpai walks the Earth, nothing is cuter then her!"

Almost as if they knew what he said, the cat tried to make a swipe at Ayato, hissing.

*Hiss*

I quickly pulled them away from his face and said boy was quick to back away. "Whoa, Looks like you made someone angry!"