Part 14

After Julie and I walked home from school the next day, we went straight into the kitchen.

"Good afternoon girls. How was... " Ray says, walking out from the kitchen, Carlos behind him. "Ari."

"Ray."

"Where's your shoe?"

I look down at my shoeless foot. "The giant mud puddle down the road demanded a sacrifice." I say with a shrug.

"Geez. I don't have time for this. I'll see you both when we get back from baseball."

Ray and Carlos walk out the door, leaving me and Julie alone in the house.

"You are new kinds of messed up." Julie says shaking her head at me. "I'm gonna go find Flynn."

Taking off my shoe, I call out to her as she heads upstairs. "Goodluck with that!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

After going through the song a couple times, we are now all in the studio, about to perform Flying Solo.

I'm sitting on the couch, in ghost form obviously.

"Uh, actually, can you go over there? Reggie needs some space to rock out, and he feels kinda weird walking through you." Julie says to Flynn, pulling up a chair for her to sit on.

"Boy, when you create a world you really live in it."

I have taught her well.

After a minute, Julie starts playing the first beats of the song before setting them on loop and moving on to the chords.

(Julie, the guys, all)

"If I leave you on a bad not, leave you on a sad note, guess that means I'm buying lunch that day. You know all my secrets, I know all your deep dish, guess that means some things they never.

"They never change. We both know what I, what I, what I mean. When I look at you it's like I'm looking at me.

"Yeah, you know who I'm liking way before I like them, duh, cause you liked them first. And if somebody hurts you, I'm gonna get hurt too. That's just how we work, yeah, that's just how we work.

"It will never change. We both know what I, what I, what I mean. When I look at you it's like I'm looking at me.

"My Life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo. Oh-oh-oh. My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo without you. Hey! Yeah, yeah. Hey! Yeah, yeah. My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo without you."

Flynn reaches through Reggie, pulling back with wide eyes. "Weird, right?"

"They're ghosts!"

"Oh, we prefer musician spirits." Alex says from behind his drum set, earning a nod from Reggie.

"So childish."

Flynn lets out a small scream at my sudden appearance. "Where'd you come from?"

"Hell." I reply, crossing my arms.

"This is my sister, I believe you've already met." Alex calls as Reggie moves in for a side hug.

"So you're a ghost too?" She asks, slightly more calm.

Slightly.

"Yep." I answer, popping the 'p'.

"Huh... sick."

"Julie." Luke calls out from where he was sitting on the couch. "So does this mean you're joining our band?"

Excuse me? Not that I mind, but still. "Hey! Where's my say?"

"What?" Julie asks, confused.

"Did these three idiots seriously forget to mention that I was in Sunset Curve? Honestly, they would've been trash without me."

"Well I don't think-" Alex starts, before Luke cut him off. "So, you in or not?"

Flynn comes forward, having gone back to her usual, sarcastic self. "Um, actually I think you're joining her band."

"I'm gonna go with what she said." Julie agrees.

"Amen to that." I say joining them in the middle of the room. The guys rolls their eyes at us as drums kick back in.

"My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo. Oh-oh-oh. My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo without you. Hey! Yeah, yeah. Hey! Yeah, yeah. My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo without you. You."

"Still wanna talk to my dad?" Julie asks, smiling.

"No, I'm good." They both laugh, going in for a hug.

What is this? They're both grabbing my arms. Are they- oh no. They're bringing me in.

"Ew. Physical contact. Nope, I'm not brave enough."

A/N

so i know i haven't updated in a couple days, but my computer crashed and i lost the chapter when i was nearly done.

it's all good now, so yeah

peace ✌🏼