Part 21

I start up my car as Flynn jumps in the passenger seat.

"Where's Julie?"

"She's still asleep. Figured she needed it after last night."

"She's gonna kill you when she wakes up. You know that, right?"

She shrugs as I pull out of her driveway and head towards school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Julie, how nice of you to join us."

I look up from where Flynn and I are stretching.

"I'm so sorry. I overslept."

"Take your spot." The teacher says, pointing towards the rest of the class.

Julie runs over to join us. "So, why didn't you wake me up? I missed my first three classes."

I wouldn't be complaining...

"You said you were never gonna show your face at school again. And I'm a very literal person." Flynn says as we move to do the next stretch.

"It's OK. It's those stupid ghosts-"

"Excuse me?" I interrupt. How dare she?

"You know what I mean. It's those guys that I'm really upset at. I'd kill them if they weren't already dead."

"I might not be able to kill them, but I can hit them for you. Hard." I add, copying the teacher.

"Let's just take the violence and put it over with plan B, yeah?" Flynn says looking over at us. "Having a band is supposed to help your social life, not ruin it."

"Ex-band." Julie corrects.

Flynn continues with the next position. "Right. Sorry. Ex-band."

I tune out of their conversation for a minute, letting my mind drift off. Maybe we should forgive them... I mean, it's Caleb. I've seen what he can do to people, how he can make an hour seem like a minute.

"Speaking of cute, have you talked to Nick today? He was pretty chatty at the dance."

Now this has peaked my interest. "Oh my god. Spill."

Julie rolls her eyes at me before answering Flynn. "No, and I'm kinda dreading it. At least I know I won't see him in this class. What... You've got to be kidding me."

"What?" I ask, turning around to see what she's looking at. "Oh..."

"Right on time, Coach Barron." Miss says, walking over to meet the lacrosse team. "So, students, Coach Barron and I have decided that his lacrosse team will be part of our class for a few weeks."

This earned a series of groans from both the dancers and the lacrosse team.

"Many pro athletes have used dance to help them with coordination and mobility." Miss continued.

"This isn't about flirting with girls. It's about making us better so we can actually win a game. We lost against Burbank." The coach yells at them. "Burbank!"

Miss looks at coach Barron as she speaks. "Well let's all remember that composure is a big part of dance."

Damn, you tell him.

"Everybody pair up."

Wait no, not that. Don't say that.

"Don't leave me. Please." Julie begs as someone comes and partners with Flynn.

I notice Nick coming up to Julie. "Hey."

"Hey, you." She replies.

I start backing away in attempt to leave the lovebirds together. I've just decided that I'm captain of this ship. I don't care who says what. It will sail.

I suddenly bump into someone's chest, a shiver running down my back as I hear the person speak.

"Sup babe." Dylan says with a smirk.

"Don't call me that." I say, turning around to face him.

It's only now that I can fully take in his appearance. He looks like he hasn't slept in days, with dark circles under his eyes. "What happened to your face? You look worse than you usually do."

"Bitch." He mutters under his breath, but I heard.

"Asshole."

Miss starts speaking before Dylan can say anything back. "So, ladies, let's do what we learned last week, and we will perform it with the boys this Friday. Coach Barron and I will demonstrate."

Coach's face goes visibly red. "No. I don't dance. So..." He protests.

"You do now." Miss says, moving so that she stood in front of him, ready to start going through the dance.

We do the steps, following along with the teachers until they decide to let us practice with the music.

"If you must know what happened to my face," Dylan says, spinning me around a little earlier than everyone else. "I haven't slept a lot lately. Something keeps messing with me through the night. It's like I'm being haunted or some shit."

"Boys..." I mumble, already knowing what's been going on.

"What was that?" He asks.

"Nothing. Let's just get this over with."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"They've been messing with Dylan."

Julie nearly chokes on her sandwich as we sit under a tree outside. "What?"

"They've been messing with-"

"I know what you said, but damn." She says looking back down and picking a small leaf off of her food, before biting into it again.

"Is that why he looks like a zombie?" Flynn asks.

I nod in response. "Kinda like what happened to Bobby."

"Trevor." They both correct me.

"Bobby. I've known him the longest, so hah. Suck my toe." I argue.

After a minute of silence, we all burst out laughing.

I sit up and check my phone.

"Shit, the bells about to-" The bell just had to ring that very second. "-ring."

"See you guys after class." Julie says, grabbing her bag and heading off towards the science classrooms.

Flynn puts her hand out for me to grab, pulling me up and dragging me off in the opposite direction to where Julie went. "We have a history class to get to."

"Why do we have to learn about dead people? They're fucking dead!" I complain.

Flynn gives me a look, before shaking her head and continuing to class.

"Yep, heard it as soon as I said it." I sigh.

A/N
Wow... It's been a while, hasn't it?

I honestly don't know what happened.

I kept saying to myself that I'd write this next part as soon as I could but I never got around to it.

Definitely gonna try and stay a bit more consistent with the uploads, but I can't make any promises ;)

Peace ✌️