Part 19

I walk out of Dani's wardrobe in the gold dress we'd picked for tonight.

"Oh my gosh! You look incredible!" She squeals, looking at me through her mirror.

I spin her around and take the liquid eyeliner from her hands, straightening up the left wing. "Hey Kens, what are you gonna wear?"

She looks at me from where she's hanging upside down off her bed. "Wait what? Why do I have to go out there?"

"It's called a trio for a reason, stupid." Dani adds, turning to face her. She cringed away, making a disgusted face. "Forehead vein. You could see that thing from space."

Kenley throws a hand over her forehead, sitting up on her bed as Dani and I try to stop ourselves laughing.

"Come on, there's a suit in here that'll go with the rest of the outfits." I say, pulling her up and across the room.

"Fineeee."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

We leave the room and start heading towards the backstage area once we're all dressed and the majority of us have our makeup done.

If you must know what I mean by majority, Kenley wouldn't let us go near her with the mascara. She went bat shit crazy, and i quote- "I swear to fucking god if you bring that damn ink stick anywhere near my fucking eyes you won't have yours for much fucking longer." We figured it would be a lot safer to just leave her be.

"Okay, put your hands in." Dani says, sticking her hand out. Me and Kenley copy her movement, putting our hands on top of hers. "Let's get out there and show my dad who's boss!"

"Okay." "Yeah sure."

She seems happy enough with our responses. "'Besties' on three. One, two-"

"Nope, I'm out." "That's kinda cheesy."

The stage lights cut off, giving us our cue to head on stage. The timing couldn't have been any more perfect. I don't know what I'd do if I had to listen to Dani whining.

Each grabbing a microphone as we pass, the three of us walk out across the dark stage, taking out places. Me in the middle, Dani on my left, Kenley on my right.

I hear the crowd behind us start cheering as the opening music comes on, lights flashing to the beat. They fully turn on as I lift the microphone to my mouth and start to sing.

(Ari, Dani, Kenley, All)

"Did I catch your attention? You look like you lost your breath, huh. When I circle the room, you an owl, you gon' twist your head. Don't you come at me green with an attitude. When my lips and my soles are red. If I leave you behind, you can look for the broken necks. No, no.

"Cause I've been here once or twice. Never worry 'bout the eyes.

"Don't just stand there staring, honey. Try to move your feet. If you think they looking at you. They looking at me. I could make it nice and easy. I'ma take the lead. They ain't even looking at you, baby. They looking at me. They looking at me. Yeah, yeah, they looking at me.

"Yes, I'm young for a teacher, I'll teach you what you don't know. But I can't give it up all at once, you would overdose. Don't you bring any bull in the room tonight. It's a whole new rodeo. It could be you and me, but you know that I'll steal the show. Oh, yeah.

"Cause I've been here once or twice. Never worry 'bout the eyes. Never worry 'bout the eyes.

"Don't just stand there staring, honey. Try to move your feet. If you think they looking at you. They looking at me. I could make it nice and easy. I'ma take the lead. They ain't even looking at you, baby. They looking at me. They looking at me. Yeah, yeah, they looking at me. But they looking at me, babe. Cause they looking at me, baby.

"If I leave you behind, you can look for the broken necks.

"Don't just stand there staring, honey. Try to move your feet. If you think they looking at you. They looking at me. I could make it nice and easy. I'ma take the lead. They ain't even looking at you, baby. They looking at me. They looking at me. Yeah, yeah, they looking at me. Don't you know that they looking at me?

"They looking at me"

We hit our finishing pose (A/N: think of the donna and the dynamos pose. look it up if you want), sweat having built up throughout the performance.

I look across the room and spot none other than Caleb sitting at a table right in the middle of the room with four other ghosts. And going by the clock on the far wall, three of those ghosts are meant to be performing with their friend right now.

These assholes stood her up.

I make it a point to give them both my middle fingers, before pooping back into the room where Dani and Kenley have already started getting changed.

I grab some spare clothes I left here last time and head into their bathroom, coming out in something much more comfortable than the short dress I had on before.

"Your phone's been going off. Like, nonstop." Kenley says as she passes me and walks into the bathroom.

"And you didn't think to answer it for me!?"

"Privacy's a thing!" She calls, sticking her out the door.

I drop the dress on her bed as I open up my phone to find three missed calls and at least a dozen texts from Julie.

'They ditched me. I need your help.'

"Think you guys got one more song in you?"

A/N:

very sorry if there are any typos, i had to write this chapter on my phone.

also, sorry if this chapter sucks. next one will be better.

peace ✌🏼