Part 15

Standing by the lockers, I roll my eyes as some guy from our year finally manages to get his drumsticks back from Julie.

Opening up her locker, she starts humming while putting away her books.

I notice Flynn headed our way, so obviously the only right thing to do is poke Julie in the side, making her jump. She glares at me, when she sees Flynn behind her laughing.

"Hey, what's up?" She asks, turning her back on me.

"Nothing. It's just nice seeing you back to your weirdo self." Flynn jokes.

"Easy for you to say. She's being doing this all morning and it's driving me crazy." I call from behind them.

"Um, thanks?"

"So how's the band? Still hot? Still talented?" Flynn looks around to see if anyone's listening before whispering. "Still dead?"

"Well, I for one actually like being dead. It's a lot more interesting than being alive."

Julie rolls her eyes at me before answering Flynn. "They're amazing. We spent the whole weekend writing songs."

"Ooh, you wanna hear some of them?" I ask, bouncing on my toes a little.

"Duh!"

We walk into the music room, Julie going on about how good it was to be writing music again. "Like it was flowing through me like when I used to write with mom."

Sitting down at the piano, Julie opens it up and turns to Flynn. "So this is the first song we wrote."

"Here's a bit of the chorus. " I say, pulling up a chair, I grab the nearest acoustic guitar and get it in tune.

"Cause we're standing on the edge of great." As I strum the chords, Julie sings a line from the chorus. "Great. Great."

"Wow, I like it. Definite Gaga vibes." Flynn says, impressed.

"Thanks. I think we have an anthem with this one. It's something my mom and I were working on. Luke and Ari helped me finish it. Check it out."

"And it's one, two, three, four times. That I've tried for one more night. Light a fire in my eyes. I'm going out of my mind."

"That's... that's beautiful." Flynn says, wiping away fake tears.

"And my girls got a crush, and his name is Luke."

"Oh my god. Gross. Not even if he was alive." Julie turns to look at me, her head resting on her hand. "But Ari on the other hand..."

Oh shit. She's not doing that to me. Not today thank you.

"What? No! He's my brother's best friend, and my best friend too."

"Bitch, what am I supposed to be?" Flynn and Julie both say. "Jinx!"

"Woah. Creepy." I whisper.

Flynn turns back and points a finger at me. "Nope, that's off topic. You like him, don't you?"

"I mean, I guess..."

"The ask him out!" Julie shouts throwing her hands up.

"Nah. I'm good."

"Whyyyyy?" They both whine.

"Cause he doesn't like me like that. I've known him for most of my life. He doesn't look at me the way he looks at other girls."

Julie and Flynn look at each other. "How can anyone possibly be this stupid?"

"I have no idea."

"Thank you?" I say, sounding more like a question.

After a minute of silence, Flynn speaks again. "Chile, anyways. Everybody's wondering when you'll play again."

"Play again? We don't even have anything planned. We've just been focused on writing songs." Julie panics.

"Lucky for you, your marketing team has been way ahead of you."

Their what now? "Just in case you've maybe forgotten, or hit your head or something, they don't have a marketing team."

Flynn pulls out a piece of paper from her bag and hands it to Julie. "Yes, you do. And surprise! You're playing the school dance tonight. And I'm DJing too. I posted it all over social media. You have an excellent marketing team."

I look over Julie's shoulder and read the title

I look over Julie's shoulder and read the title. "Wait, since when am I part of the band?"

"Since now."

Julie starts freaking out, her hands shaking a little. "No. No. This is front of the whole school."

"Sorry, you already have 68 likes." Flynn replies as her phone buzzes.

Grabbing my hand, Flynn pulls me up and pushes me towards the door.

"Hey, wait up!"

A/N

aight, so i know this chapter kinda sucks, but just you wait until shit actually starts to happen 😏

peace ✌🏼