Sleep over

A/N: ok so I know they have slept at each other's houses before but I was listening to Ben Platt's song Rain and I felt the need to write this so enjoy.

Dani and Malcom sat cuddling on the sofa, just enjoying holding each other. The silence was peaceful and blissful, the only noise was the rain lightly tapping on the window of Malcom's loft.
"Dani" Malcom broke the silence
"Yes sunshine" she replied looking up at Malcom who she was lying on.
"Do you trust me?" He asked
"Of course I do" she replied sweetly, "why?"
"Ok I need you to put your shoes on and close your eyes"
"Ok" Dani replied hesitantly, getting up to put on her shoes. Malcom moved and did the same. Once the two were done Dani closed her eyes and waited cautiously for something to happen. She was startled when she felt two strong arms around her waist and lift her up, her immediate response was to wrap her legs around Malcom's body and her arms round his neck for support. Malcom blushed deeply at the feeling of Dani's head resting in the crook of his neck, relieved she couldn't see, he opened the door.  He carefully made his way down to the empty streets, aware of the every tightening grip on his neck.
The pair made it out to the streets, the moon shone onto the town, reflecting against the puddles. The sky was a deep navy, showing the late time in the evening.
"Dani, you can let go now" he said softly, not wanting to ruin the peaceful silence that rested in the corner of the city. He felt her legs unwrap from his waist and set down to the floor after he felt my lowered her. Her arms slowly mice from his neck as he took his from her waists. He turned around and placed a speaker on the bench that sat nearby. He clicked a few buttons then a gentle slow song came on Dani immediately recognised as 'you are my sunshine', one of her favourite songs.
"You can open your eyes now" Malcom spoke softly. Dani opened her eyes and saw how beautiful the night was. The stars shingling like a thousands diamonds swimming in a pool of deep blue water. She looked back down to Malcom to see him placing his arms on her waist, in turn she placed her arms back round his neck and leaned closer into him. Not a word was spoken between the two. They just started swaying in time to the music, holding each other close.

As the song came to a close the two shared a sweet, deep kiss, cherishing the moment together. They gathered up their things while Dani showers Malcom in praise and thanks for how beautiful it was. They made their way back to Malcom's loft and sat on the sofa with hot chocolate in their pyjamas.
"Dani?" Malcom asked for the second time this evening.
"Yes". She replied sleepily.
"Do you want to stay here tonight?" He asked.
"I probably would have done anyway but yes of course"  she replied placing a soft kiss on his cheek.
"You know." Malcom started "I love it when you wear my clothes"
Dani blushed at this comment and hurried her head deeper into his chest.

They finished their hot chocolate and headed to bed. The two fell asleep holding tightly to each other as if the world depended on it, the cliche ending to a perfect day.
Malcom layer awake for a few minutes holding on to Dani, she had drifted off into a deep sleep before him and he now sat thinking. He glanced down at the girl in his arms and thought 'I'm going to marry that girl one day'