suna rintarou

bye i hate this angst thing but i need to write something smh

---

You walked on the wet pavement with the night sky as blue as the deep sea, faint drops of rain landing on your hair. The night was still young, yet here you were; outside in the cold weather without any company. Because what was it worth to continue running after something you truly, just truly are unable to reach?

You thought you would've gotten accustomed to the hurt panging in your heart. Yet here you were, walking around endlessly after a simple phone call.

That damned phone call.

Falling in love with your best friend was already hard; you had to be close to them often, yet you couldn't make a move because you didn't want to risk anything. And while you were there, contemplating your actions, he was looking at someone else.

You've known it for years, really. It has always been obvious; he loves her. And that "her" is simply not you. Even though you've grown to accept those terms, it still hurt each time he called you for help.

"Y/n, what am I supposed to wear for our date?"

"What should I buy her for Valentine's day?"

"I think I'm going to confess today..."

"She said she liked me back!"

Yet the most hurtful was your recent call;

"Y/n, I'm going to propose to her."

It felt as if you were standing on the edge of a cliff, with mud falling off for each second you stood there. You saw over the edge, but not the bottom. If you fell, you'd fall for eternity. Each call Suna had with you, pushed you slightly closer to falling. But each time you told yourself to get over him, you backed away.

Jokingly enough, you were trapped in a rubber band that pushed you quickly over the edge.