When they landed noisily on an empty platform, their echoing thuds and the subsequent whistle of a train startled Hermione. But they were safe for the time being as she dropped onto one of the waiting chairs on the platform and looked around.

"Paddington station," she panted, "I'm sorry, this is the only place I could think of at the moment..."

Snape was breathing hard too as he scanned the place still seated on the floor. "No...it's actually just the place we needed to be. Townsend will be around here." But that could wait for the moment. He brought his gaze back on her, checking to make sure she was alright. She looked at him and asked instead, "Are you okay?"

He just nodded but his mind was preoccupied. "I never thought...I can't believe they found us... That was a good cover and we lost it." he ran his hands through his hair, frustrated, "Damn, I should've been more careful! How could I be stupid enough to think it was safe for you to go out? I should have known anyone could be following us."

"God, I'm so sorry...All of our stuff...we left them all...what are we gonna do?" She clutched her hair in despair.

Realizing she was taking the blame on herself he quickly corrected his tone. "I suppose, there's no use worrying about it," he said, pushing himself off the ground and joining her, "Right now, we need to get off the streets. We can find the gentleman's club that the Dominus talked about later, but we need to get you somewhere safe. Now."

"But- but I left the tent in my purse, we can't camp out without it," she said, "And the money I brought with me was in there as well..."

"I think I got a few things here..." He felt around in his pockets, "Shit...Do I have any money...? Let's see, hmm...I do have some muggle money-"

"We could stay at a motel then," she suggested.

"A motel?"

"Yes, that's our only option right now," she grabbed a hold of his hand and made for the exit, "Let's not waste any more time."

Even if Snape was very careful the last time, he was very confident- about the inn, about Madam Hestia and assured that they would be able to stay there for a long time without getting bothered. But now he was more anxious; he didn't trust anybody and after what had just happened, he was rightfully more paranoid. This place wasn't exactly in his purview and he had no contacts here. He made Hermione reject four motels before finally entering a comparatively less filthy-looking one.

The reception was getting manned by a gum-chewing junkie-looking teenager who put down his very graphic adult magazine as they approached, and passed his glance over the two of them.

This time Snape began to speak without consulting her and said, "We would like to take a room. What's the rate over here?"

But Hermione thought that the muggle world was more her domain, so she led the conversation somewhat enthusiastically. "Hi! I know it's very late but we really need a room tonight. Is there one available? And is the diner open by any chance?"

He was still staring from one to the other and the fact that they were not carrying any luggage, made him try to add things up. "Wait, you wanna get a room? With him?" he looked concerned but in a mocking way, "Where did you find this creep? Lady, do you want me to call the police?"

"No, no! He's a friend."

He settled down somewhat and then shrugged nonchalantly. "Alrigh'...I guess people do all sorts of things for money..."

"What exactly do you mean?" demanded Snape.

The boy avoided the question and asked with an impudent smirk, "Do you want the room for the entire day or do you wanna pay on a per hour basis?"