Chapter 2

Once or twice a week I would wake up in cold sweat after another nightmare, but I thought today would wipe away all the worry at least for a while. I was wrong. This one was even worse than before. I saw my dad falling out of a skyscraper as the earthquake emerged in the middle of nowhere and the whole world seemed to come to an end. As if that wasn't enough the next dream, I saw was about the flooding that began to wipe away all humankind, and my dad was one of the first ones to go. I couldn't do anything. I was crying and the sorrow woke me up. I realized I was crying through the dream, my throat and chest burning because of the fear and pain. I tried to make no noise, so I won't wake up the girls but realized it was merely possible, so I put my slippers on and run outside.

It was really early in the morning; the sky was changing from dark blue to light pink. It was about four or five in the morning and the sun was about to come up. I sat on the branch outside the house backyard, trying to convince myself it was only a dream. Again, and again, I repeated that in my head, and even though my heart was still not at ease, my face was becoming calmer. The muscles on my face relaxed and it felt as though in one second I felt everything, and in the other nothing at all. Tears we slowly running down my cheeks and I decided not to wipe them even though they tickled.

The door near the bench opened and I would've jumped of surprise if I wasn't so drained. It was the guy with long hair and the fang earring.

"Hello there," he said emerging out of the house and closing the door behind him.

"Hi," I said looking at him with my tear-stained eyes.

"I thought I heard something, so I came down to check. Constant vigilance!" he quoted Moody with a really good impression of him.

I smiled. I never shared my nightmares with anyone, always thinking I could cope on my own.

"I...just had a nightmare," I looked at the grass below my feet.

"Oh, I see. Must've been a nasty one?"

"It was... horrid," I raised my head to face him.

He looked at me with sympathy.

"I don't think we've met, I'm Bill Weasley," he said after a moment.

"Hi Bill, I'm Y/n"

"Nice to meet you Y/n, I think I've heard something from Mad-Eye about you and your Stunning Spell. It takes a great deal to impress Moody, I tell you that."

"Thank you. I am just as surprised as he was, to be honest," I said with a slight smile.

The wind blew over me and I shivered. In a hurry, I didn't bother to put on something warmer than my pajama. Bill took off his leather jacket and put it on me without a second thought.

"Thanks," I said.

We sat there in silence watching the sun come up. Some noises came through the kitchen.

"Probably my mum. She has a habit to wake up rather early."

I decided it was time for me to go back, so I stood up, he followed suit and we entered the house. The moment we stepped inside I took off his jacket and handed it to him. Didn't like to have things that did not belong to me.

"Thanks again," I said.

Looked at me attentively; the left-over tear run down my cheek. He wiped it with his thumb.

"You look just as pretty when you cry," he said and left.

I hurried back upstairs, unnoticed by anyone else.

His words struck me, and I tried hard to ignore them. He surely didn't mean it; I shouldn't make much of it. It was probably just to comfort me. Whatever he did, it certainly distracted me from the dream for a while.

Either way, I failed to fall back asleep, too afraid to see another nightmare. I listened to the household slowly rise and shine and got out of bed as soon as I heard voices downstairs. I haven't seen Bill all day, and I decided not to ask anyone about him.

Days went by and I got used to this weird family we formed in the Black house. However, just as Ginny said it became boring because we couldn't go out anywhere due to safety measures. Trapped in the house, with nothing else to do, we searched for new ways to entertain ourselves, and then it hit me. How could I forget about it?

"A great Muggle game called Truth or Dare!" I said when Hermione, Ginny, and I were sitting in our room, "Hermione, you surely know about it."

"I'm afraid not," said Hermione.

I explained the rules for the girls and Hermione slightly blushed, and Ginny got so excited she began jumping around the room thinking all the dares she would make people do.

"It is a great idea, Y/n, but I suggest slightly modify the rules. I have this truth potion; I was practicing a few days ago. It's like Veritaserum but legal, and probably not as strong as the original, but it should do for the game."

"Hermione that's brilliant and terrifying," I said impressed.

I shared the idea with Fred and George, who got even more excited than Ginny. I saw the devilish sparks in their eyes as they looked at each other. I could only imagine what kind of dares would these two suggest...

They said we will play in their room when Mr. and Mrs. Weasley will go to bed. When the twins made sure their parents were indeed asleep, we all gathered in their room.

"Everyone sit in a circle, we will go in turns clockwise. You will pick Truth or Dare, if you pick Truth you will drink Hermione's Truth Potion before answering. The person on your right gives you the question or a task, depending on what you choose. Alright, who wants to go first?" I said.

Everyone looked around at each other.

"I'll go," said Ginny.

As she was sitting on my left, I was the one to ask her, which was good as I can demonstrate to everyone how we should play.

"Alright, Ginny, Truth or Dare?"

"Dare!" she said without hesitation.

"Dare it is, I dare you... to kiss Harry ... on the lips."

Ginny blushed Harry too.

"Oh so this is how you play," said Fred with a diabolical smile, raising his eyebrows.