Epilogue

Waking up in Bills arms felt scary.

Scary because of how close he got to my guarded heart. I was also scared to meet the same fate Fleur had. That thought fully woke me up and after blinking away the remains of sleep I snuck out of Bill's bed with him still on it, without sparing him another glance. 

Maybe I knew that if I looked back I wouldn't be able to leave him at all.

I walked into my room which was empty and change into fresh clothes. Aparently everyone else was already wide awake and having breakfast downstairs. The stairs squeaked and creaked while I hurriedly came downstairs. The sounds never bothered me before, but this time it felt like it attracted even more unwanted attention on me.

After a moment of awkward silence everyone resume their morning ritual and I joined them, hungrily biting in my pancake with batter and blueberry jam. The food seemed especially delicious today and I almost forgot about the thought I had earlier. 

The dining table began to empty until it was just me and Hermione, who by the way was sitting very close to Fred today. For a moment I even thought they were holding hands underneath the table.

" I knew it," said Mione.

I opened my mouth to ask her what is she talking about but playing dump with her was no use.

"I knew it... too," I replied with a sly smile.

"Wait what?" confusing hermioner was my guilty pleasure.

"You and Fred, I had my conspiracy theory about you two."

"Um.. Fred was just... Well Fred and I ... Ugh fine. Honestly," she leaned closer to me almost whispering, " how could anyone resist him."

We giggled.

" After he suspected that there is a chance for him... i mean he was so persistent and made me feel like I mattered and I didn't have to even worry how he feels about me and made me feel so secure and yet excited on whats going to happened next. Ronald just.. doesn't compare. Fred showed me how I really should be treated, " Hermione spilled.

"That's great Hermione!"

"Well don't you have the same with Bill, " Hermione said, noticing the doubt in me.

" I mean yes but we started ... talking when he was with someone else, and I had no idea about it, and she didn't too. What if he does the same to me"

"Well that doesn't sound like Bill, but you do have a point. I would suggest you to communicate your concern to him and take things slow. Maybe even start from the beginning , show him that you want and deserve more dedication and effort. I'm sure he will only be glad to do that for you." 

"Only two minutes in new relationship and you sound like an effing psychologist,"

"Hey!I excel at what I do, plus I've done some reading"

I knew I had to talk to another person who's life was dependent on my new decision.

George was sitting in his room and fixing something that looked like a very small alarm clock. He looked focused and I dreaded the moment he will notice me in the doorway. He looked up, and greeted me with the sad smile.

"Hey stranger, working on the new genius invention?"

"Exactly, this alarm clock will pinch, punch and jump on the person who set it, but I haven't figured out yet how to stop it. But that's not why you're here are you?"

"Yeah, the past few day's been crazy and I felt like I owe you an apology."

I came in and sat beside him.

"There is nothing to apologize for, I'm happy for you and Bill, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't notice there was something between you two."

"And still..."

"And still you'll always be my first kiss."

I looked at him and I almost felt like crying, I didn't mean to hurt him, but I can't be with him either. I looked at him and maybe it was a pity in my gaze, so he pinched my with the clock.

I laughed.

"I'll be okay, okay?"

"Okay."

After the talked with George I was so relieved I almost forgot any worry I had in the morning. I knew it felt right with him, with him and no one else. After all he saved me. No literally, quite a few times. And maybe in a way, I saved him too.

                                                                                         - The End-