Chapter 8

I was laying on the bed with my eyes wide open waiting for Bill. 

The door to the room slowly opened letting in some light from the hallway. I flinched. I knew it was Bill, but I couldn't help but remember the dark tall figure that appeared in the same doorway just a few days ago. I stood up and left the room. Before I could meet his eyes, he swished his wand and shut down all the light in the hallway, and then took my hand to lead the way.

"Just in case someone will feel insomnious tonight," Bill whispered.

I nodded and only then realized he couldn't see it. I giggled.

"I am glad you're already having fun, but we are not there yet."

He opened the front door and only then I realized we were leaving the house. The street was lit by the lanterns and the pavement was still wet from the morning rain.

"Where are we going? Your mother will kill us."

"What she doesn't know won't hurt her," he looked back at me and smirked, "alright get in," he showed on a red Ford Anglia.

Unable to formulate thoughts into words I just raised my eyebrow at him.

"You told me you could use a night out." He opened the door for me. "Now get in quick until someone sees us."

I obeyed.

"Where are we going? And where did you get that car? Do you even know how to operate it?"

"My dad used to have one like this, so I know how to operate it. I heard Mundungus brag the other day to twins that he knicked it and bewitched it to fly and stuff. I pulled some strings and he kindly agreed to lend it to me for the night."

"and where are we going?"

"I thought we could visit some Muggle bar or two here in London. I even exchanged some Galleons to Pounds at Gringotts."

"Nice."

Being a half-blood, I knew a thing or two about the Muggle world, but how could I resist watching Bill navigate himself through it. He ordered half the bar for the sole reason he didn't know what any of the drinks were. The barmen kept asking me what is Firewhiskey and if it's any good. 

Then Bill almost left the tip that was the equivalent of the check and I had to step in, even though I was drunk and no good at counting. I still suspect we left more than needed because our barmen kept shaking our hands and saying goodbye on our way out, while the passing by waitresses tried to get us a table. We kept laughing and talking way louder than usual and even almost forgot where we left the Ford Anglia, which made us laugh even more.

We finally got into the car.

"Wait, you can't drive, you're drunk."

"I know, but fortunately, it can drive itself."

And we were off in the air, invisible to any still sober Muggles. We were back on the ground soon enough at 12 Grimmauld Place but didn't hurry to get out of the car.

"This night was sooooooooo amazing," I said.

"Agreed."

"And that waitress that tried to get your number... and you said a number of what."

We both laughed.

"I barely even noticed her until she grabbed the sleeve of my coat," said Bill. We laughed more. "I was looking at you," he added.

I turned my head to face him and realized he was serious.

"Thank you for this night Bill, I really need it. It means a lot," I said after a long pause.

"You're saying like it's over," Bill returned to his tipsy self.

"Well it is, isn't it?"

"What if I don't want it to be over?" he leaned toward me.

I was looking in his eyes, and thinking the same thing.

"That's fine" I leaned a little bit closer to him.

The distance between us shortened quickly to just a few inches. Bill pulled my chin closer to him by his fingers and kissed me.

It was like the fireworks blew up right between our lips, but the kind of fireworks that last and reappear. Every other kiss was hungrier, every other touch was more intense. It was all I wanted but didn't even dare to expect it'll ever come true. He brushed his fingers through my hair which added more pleasure to the feeling. 

I've been waiting for this for so long. He started to pull my body closer to him by my waist and I only helped him. I gasped for air in between the kisses, breathing heavily both because of Bill and the alcohol. 

Just when I thought this couldn't get any better, he put me down on his lap and started to kiss my neck. Everything started to spin in my head, his eyes, his lips, his fingers. I wanted to be even closer to him although it wasn't possible.

"I think it's time to go," said Bill breathless in my ear.

The next thing I know he was putting me down on my bed.

"You have to change in your pajamas, okay?"

He was about to leave but I pulled him closer for one more kiss.

"Now, change," he whispered through the darkness and left the room.

I obeyed him, even though my body was too tired to move. The sun began to come up, making the sky bright pink, which meant I had only a few hours to sleep. 

Once I was in bed, the thoughts mixed in my head and I couldn't make sense of it. I tried to sleep; my breath still heavy. I tossed and turned waking up every 20 minutes, and in the brief moments when I fell asleep all I saw was Bill. Like we never left that car, he was still touching me with his strong hands. The car was spinning around, and I was waking up again. I was too tired to be awake but still too hectic to sleep.

"Y/n, wake up!" I heard Ginny's voice.