Chapter 17

I turned to look at Bill with a slight accusation. What were you doing to me?

Every bit of logic left in my brain said I shouldn't be left alone with him, but every time that was exactly what happened.

I followed him further up to the third floor and into his room. His bed was unmade through the rest of the room seemed cleaned and organized. The wall above his desk was filled with many sketches and paintings of different people and places. I headed closer to the desk, completely distracted by my curiosity. Every sketch looked effortlessly good, most of them drawn with pen, my favorite style. Pyramids, dragons, elves, and goblins, all looked like they came right from the fairytale books.

And then it struck me. I was looking at my own portrait without realizing it. I wouldn't know it if I wasn't inspecting every other sketch because I barely recognized myself. The girl on paper was looking at me with big radiant eyes, the only part of the drawing that had color, the rest was black and white. She looked like she was daring the viewer but the lips hid a soft barely noticeable smile. I looked like one of those fairytale characters perfectly fitting in the puzzle of this little world he drew.

"Wow," I finally said.

"You were... not supposed to see that," he said joining me near the desk.

I chuckled.

"I bet there were other things I wasn't supposed to see," I turned to face him.

He studied me for a moment.

"Fleur and I... we rushed into the relationship and then engagement. Ma was always asking me when will I start to date someone seriously, but I didn't want to just date. I was seeking that feeling that will strike me like a lightning, I was searching for someone to fight for. "

He glanced at the wall with sketches.

"But eventually I gave up and settled for the fling Fleur and I had. I thought it would be enough. After all, I'm already 27, what else was I hoping for? Spoiler alert, it was not enough.

"And then there were you... and I knew instantly. Your crazy daring dances the first night, your hair flipping around your body and I was defeated."

No, he can't say that. He can't just. I've never heard anything like this from anyone. I felt limp in my throat.

"All I want is you and I will fight for you and I'll prove to that-"

"All I want is you too," I interrupted him, taking a step closer.

I bit my lip instantly, reminding myself of Fleur's eyes and feeling extremely guilty. How could I allow myself to be with him when he just split up with her. It fell bad and wrong and...

and Bill was leaning closer to me slowly shortening the distance between our faces. I exhaled loudly. He reached out one hand and cupped my cheek. 

"I drown in your eyes...." he paused and I frowned looking into his eyes, "please don't spit me out to the shore"

His lips found mine, instinctively, carefully, and then desperately like searching for light in the shadow. I was melting with his every touch, letting him lead. He was pushing the boundaries, unlocking all the doors, and destroying every wall that existed between us. Hands sliding on my waist and then my hips; then he picked me up and put me on the desk, standing in between my hips and I couldn't ask for more. But more was coming.

I felt safe with him, secure and I saw such an admiration in his eyes that I had no fear of intimacy with him. He made sure I felt comfortable every step of the way, yet he also made sure I felt good. Really good.

"I was searching for that feeling too," I whispered, laying in his arms on his bed.

He kissed my forehead and drew me closer to him.

I think we've spent most of the day in that room. talking and laughing and finally being fully open with each other. We forgot the there was a world out there, outside this bedroom; everything fell into place for us, but not for few other people...