Valid Lies

"Suze. What do you mean??" "I can do that too! I can mix them. Look!" Asuze stepped back and made a small shield that then started to catch fire. Blue fire. "Are you looking?!" Suze shouted behind the shield.

"Dabi..." I grabbed Dabi's arm and looked at him. He was also in shock by Asuze's ability. Suze's shield withered down into him along with the fire. "Wasnt that cool?!" Suze threw his hands in the air. "You have two quirks..." I stood there with my head in my hands.

"That's cool!" I high-fived him. "I can't wait to tell my friends!" "That's not happening. You're not telling your friends. Or anyone." Dabi sternly said to him. "Why not?" he sounded sad. "Yeah, why not?" I backed up Suze.

"Time to shower, isn't it?" he went to toss Asuze over his shoulder and take him to his room. "Why? I don't want to shower yet!" "Ah, you ask too many questions, kid." "I only asked two just now!" "Shhh." "No!" "Stop talking or you're gonna shower with cold water."

I tidied up while they were gone. I gotta buy a new coffee table after ours just withered. I picked up everything off the floor and swept any broken shards. Dabi came back out of the room and looked at the flipped couch.

"Staring at it won't put it back in place. I mean if you had telekinesis, it would work." I emptied the dustpan in the trash. Dabi shook his head and pulled the couch. I watched as he lifted one end and turned it over. One more turn then the couch was back in place.

He looked at me with his hands on his hips. "Waiting for an applause?" I asked. "That would be nice right about now." he crossed his arms. I weakly clapped for him and cheered. "Thank you. I appreciate your applaud."

"Whatever. So... why can't Asuze tell anyone? About his quirks." I questioned. He walked past me in the kitchen without answering me. "Hellooo...?" "I wouldn't want the same thing that happened with Endeavor and I to happen to him." he finally chose to answer.

"Your father-" "Endeavor." "Right. Endeavor is his own person. And so are you. Besides, the only way that would happen is if you abuse Suze and his power." "I would never." he said with disgust.

"Okay. I don't see a problem then. You can be everything that Endeavor wasn't for you, for Asuze." I put the broom away and stood there.

"That's such a shitty line. All that Endeavor did to me didn't form me into this good man who works toward being a better father than his own father was. I mean look at me."

He laughed and leaned against the counter, "I'm not doing a good job at all." "You're not wrong about that, but I don't see the issue. Just let the kid tell whoever he wants." "Dad, I'm done!"

"That was fast. You sure you showered?" Dabi responded while looking at me still. "Yeah!" "Give me a second. He's not telling anyone. End of discussion." He told me before jogging over to Suze's room.

I let out a tired sigh and took a few things out to cook up a meal for the 3 of us. This shouldn't be that big of a deal. Suze should be able to tell his friends about his quirks.
•••

After dinner with the two of them, I just tossed the dishes in the sink. I do not feel like cleaning them right now. "Can I watch tv before bed?" Asuze asked from the couch. "Sure, but don't stay up too late. You don't have school tomorrow so midnight is the latest."

Dabi walked out of the bedroom and stood by the door to put his shoes on. I went over to him without Suze noticing we were by the door. "Where are you going?" I whispered. "Don't worry about that. I'll be back." he said.

My mouth gaped open to say something else, but nothing did. "The League?" He glared at me with his hand on the doorknob, "I said don't worry about it." "Well at least say bye to us."