Bait (2)

Hello! Well this is the second chapter guys! I honestly tried to get it out to all of you on Monday but my husband was being a computer hog so it didn't work out so well!! Leave me a comment and tell me what you think please!

Always stay beautiful~ Claisha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bump!

Skim..

Bump!

Skim..

Who in the hell invented this contraption?! Boats are meant to flow through the water with grace not fly across like an unprotected airplane! 

Bile rose in my throat as I clung to the cold, metal hull of the air-boat that flew across the water a break-neck-speed determined to kill us all. I had been hugging the floor on all fours for the past fifteen minutes searching for some semblance of stability and protection as I tried not to puke in-front-of everyone.

In my peripheral vision I caught sight of William bent over double laughing at my misery. For a moment I debated on pushing him over board but decided against it considering it required me moving from my current position. I shot him a "go to hell" look but all that he did was shrug and mutter something into the headset that he and the mysterious black-shirt-wearing-man, who just so happened to be the one controlling this appalling ride, were wearing.

The fan of the air boat finally slowed as we began gliding to a stop across the water.

Thank God.

I stood up slowly and readjusted my clothing with trembling hands so that no one saw any of my ghastly fat that Richard kept insisting didn't exist.

Dread filled my stomach like an iron weight as we drifted closer to a large oak that stood proudly on the bank of the swamp. Silver and Gold ribbons were delicately wound around the trunk of the tree  lending a eerily joyful air to the scene. The carnival-esq feeling made me break into a cold, clammy sweat along my spine.

This killer had no remorse for they were doing. 

Richard had filled me in on the case before we left the launching area.

Three bodies.

Three different tortures.

All within the same swamp.

All scenes displayed the same way. 

The first victim had been discovered by "Fish" (apparently Fish was the mystery man) while he and the red headed man, Titly, had been hunting alligators in their free time. They had pulled the line from the water expecting to find their catch, instead they discovered a female in her early twenties with her eyes and mouth sewn shut.  

Titly immediately phoned Sheriff Thornton and within the hour the investigation was well underway. The killer left no trace behind and there was little else to go on seeing as no one who knew who the girl was or were she had come from.

Victims number two and three were found days apart from one another, officially elivating the case to serial killer status.

Victim two had his nipples, aureoles, and eyelids carefully removed and sewn to the palm of his hands to resemble eyes. Victim three was missing her arms which were amputated at the shoulder joint. It was also the case with these victims that no one knew any information pertaining to who they were.