1 | grimmauld place

"You know," Abigail began as her and her father walked down the street with Tonks trailing behind them, "You could do with a bit of a makeover." She pulled on the sleeve of his sweater, "You look like you've been living on the streets for months now."

He narrowed his eyes at his daughter, "Filter, Abigail. Remember the filter."

"I don't think I need a filter in this instance," she countered before glancing back at Tonks, "He looks like a homeless man, right?"

"I'm staying out of this," she stated and Abigail frowned. The auror's normally bubblegum pink hair was now a dull brown and most of her normal metamorphmagus powers had stalled out.

"I think..." she began, "Maybe we should stop by and say hello to Sirius?" Abigail was walking backwards now so that she was facing both her father and Tonks, "Assuming he's home."

"What are you stalling for?" Lupin inquired, "I'm surprised you're not more adamant about joining your friends as soon as possible."

"I'm not stalling," she countered, "I would be more than happy to join them now but you said no. If I ask again, I'm afraid you may disown me."

He rolled his eyes, "I suppose we can stop by and see Sirius."

"Aha!" she exclaimed as she turned back around with an extra hop in her step, "He understands my humor more than you do and therefore makes great company." She glanced back at her father quickly, "Not that you're bad company...you can just be kind of bland."

Lupin shook his head at his daughter as they made their way to Grimmauld's Place where Sirius was currently a resident.

She entered the building quickly and ran up the stairs leaving Lupin and Tonks in the dust. "Sirius..." she began as she looked around the house but she stopped when she saw who was also in the room with him. "Oh," she began when Harry as well as Dumbledore looked up at her. She glanced back at where her father was no doubt about to emerge soon, "Oh, no. He's going to kill me."

She turned around quickly just as he emerged, "I swear, I had absolutely no idea he was here. I was serious when I said that I wanted to say hello to Sirius." She glanced back at Harry who seemed confused, "Not that it's not great to see you." She turned back to her father, "Sorry."

He rolled his eyes at his daughter before he walked further into the room, Tonks right behind him. "Dumbledore," he greeted, "Harry."

"Harry, Abigail," Sirius spoke up, "You two can go catch up in another room." Lupin narrowed his eyes at his friend but he simply brushed it off. "Just be quiet."

Abigail and Harry left the adults to discuss whatever it was they needed to discuss and walked up the stairs.

"Are you going to the Burrow?" Harry inquired.

"I honestly have no idea," she replied. "It took me long enough to convince my dad to even let me go back to school this year. He doesn't want me to leave his sight."

"Because of the Prophecy?"

"Mostly, yes," she nodded. "He thinks someone from the other side is going to kidnap me or something. I explained that they would only kidnap me if they knew what made me so...unique and they would do it whether I was at Hogwarts or not. It took awhile but eventually...not soon enough, but eventually he came around."

"Can you blame him?"

"You think he's right?"

"Well...no, not entirely. I just don't blame him for being worried," he explained. "I'm worried."

Abigail smiled at this, "You do realize you're in far more danger than I am, right?"

"Thanks for the reminder."