3 | the burrow

"Your father said that per Dumbeldore's request, you're supposed to try at least once every night before you go to bed," Mr. Weasley pointed out, "More if you can."

"Oh, come on," Abigail muttered as she wandered over to the couch, "You two really got the short end of the stick, you know. It's quite boring watching me try and fail to get into his head."

"You three," she spoke to the night shift auror's, "You know the drill." They then sauntered out of the room to make themselves busy elsewhere.

"Ron, Hermione, Harry," Mrs. Weasley spoke up, "You should head to bed. Let her have sp-"

"No," Abigail interrupted. "Sorry, I mean...It's better if I have people I know in the room. I tend to relax more."

Mrs. Weasley nodded and the three of them took a seat in different chairs as Abigail laid down on the couch.

She closed her eyes and folded her hands over her stomach as she took a deep breath. In...out...in...out. She did what she always did and thought about Voldemort. Where he may be, what he may be feeling and...Nothing.

Abigail turned to Mr. and Mrs. Weasley with a sigh, "I got nothing."

"Just try one more time and we can call it for the night," Mr. Weasley suggested and Abigail nodded, settling back down.

"Wait," Hermione spoke up and everyone faced her. "When you usually go into someone else's mind, you know them or have some connection to them right?" Abigail nodded in confusion, not following what she was suggesting, "Well, theoretically speaking, couldn't you just do it through Harry? Use his connection to Voldemort to get inside his brain since you can't do it without that connection?"

"Theoretically, yes," Abigail answered.

"I suppose there is no hurt in trying," Mr. Weasley concluded, "Harry, if you would..."

Harry stood up and walked over to the couch Abigail was at. He knelt down beside her and took her hand. She turned to look at him and whispered, "This is weird."

"We've been through weirder," he pointed out and she nodded in agreement.

She held onto Harry's hand and focused all her energy onto the connection between Harry and Voldemort through the scar. In...out...in...out... Where are you? she thought to herself, What are you up to? She felt herself tense and she squeezed Harry's hand unintentionally as her eyes shot open and the Burrow's roof became an entirely different setting in and of itself.

"She's been out for awhile," Ron observed warily, "She's okay, isn't she?"

"She's fine," Mr. Weasley nodded. "This is to be expected if she actually did manage to get into his head. It would have drained her greatly."

"You should all head on to bed," Mrs. Weasley suggested. "There's nothing you can do for her right now."

Hermione and Ron nodded before exiting the room and heading up the stairs.

"I'd like to stay with her," Harry requested, "If that's all right."

Mrs. Weasley nodded before she informed Mr. Weasley that she too was heading to bed and that he should send the auror's back in and head to bed as well.

"Here," Mr. Weasley said as he pushed a cushioned chair over for Harry to sit it, "That ought to be more comfortable."

"Thank you, Mr. Weasley," Harry smiled in appreciation.

"I'll send the others in but I'll see you in the morning," he explained and Harry nodded.

Harry looked down at the girl who remained asleep, her expression peaceful and far different from her usual guarded one.