9 | breaking point

tw: sexual harassment (mostly verbal)

Despite Ginny's protests, Abigail ultimately decided to keep her distance from everyone. The only time she saw Ron, Hermione and Harry was at the very uncomfortable Quidditch practices and then in class. She would always make sure to head to the Great Hall when there was no risk of them being there. That or she just went straight to the kitchen.

"Abigail Lupin," Cormac drawled and Abigail had to force herself not to stab him in the hand with her fork as he took a seat next to her.

She looked over at him, a look of distaste clear on her face, "I've done some questionable things in my life but I will never understand what I did to be punished with the likes of you."

"You must have been very good." She rolled her eyes at this and stood up, gathering her belongings. "I'll just see you at practice then."

Abigail froze in her tracks and turned to face him, "What?"

"Quidditch practice."

"Why will you be there?"

"Because Ron isn't."

"What happened to Ron?"

"He's in the hospital," he explained offhandedly, "Something about a love potion gone wrong."

Abigail ignored the rest of what he had been saying and immediately made her way to the infirmary. She stayed outside the room but glanced in to see an out of it Ron rested in the bed. Ginny sat next to him on a chair and Hermione stood on his other side.

Harry stood at the foot of his bed alongside some Gryffindor that Abigail couldn't remember the name of. "You can go in, dear," Pomfrey explained from behind her, "They haven't met the capacity of visitors just yet."

"Um, no, I'm okay out here," Abigail stated before glancing back inside where her friends were, "Can I ask what happened?"

"I'm afraid I can't tell you that, you'd have to ask them yourself," she replied before entering the room.

Abigail leaned against the doorframe as she observed them for a moment. Harry looked over at the door and she quickly moved out of the way, pressing herself against the wall, hopeful that he hadn't seen her.

After a moment she started to walk away but stopped when Harry called after her. She squeezed her eyes shut for a moment before turning to face him. "Hey."

"Why didn't you come in?" he asked.

"I didn't want to interrupt anything," she explained simply, "What happened?"

"He was accidentally poisoned," Harry replied, "He'll be fine."

"Um, good," she nodded, "That's - that's good." She glanced behind her. "Uh, I don't think I can be on the Quidditch team anymore. I can talk to Dean for you, if you want. See if he's up for staying on the team now that Katie's back."

"Are you sure that's what you want?"

Abigail nodded, "There's just a lot going on right now, I don't really have time for it anymore."

"I can talk to Dean," Harry responded. She hated this more than anything. She hated that he was hurting. She hated that it was her fault. She hated that it would only get worse.

"Send Ron my regards?" Abigail requested and he nodded. "I guess, I'll, um...see you around."

"Yeah," he nodded slowly, "See you."

Abigail sent him a tight lipped smile before turning around and walking away, not saying anything she may regret saying later.

"Abigail!" Cormac shouted from behind her and she didn't even try to hide her distaste.