Rohan Rekindled

"Hearken to me!" Gandalf shouted. "I release you... from the spell." His eyes closed and his arm was outstretched, but all the old man did was laugh. A harrowing cackle.

"You have no power here, Gandalf the Grey."

I stayed with the girl, keeping her company as she composed herself. We stayed knelt on the floor and I rubbed soothing circles into her back.

Gandalf drew back his dark cloak to reveal dazzling white robes underneath. Théoden cried out.

"I will draw you, Saruman, as poison is drawn from a wound!"

"Do you think he can do it?" Théodra whispered.

"I don't think, I know. Gandalf will always help." I reassured.

He flicked his staff back, causing Théoden/Saruman to writhe around on this throne. Théodra gasped.

"Shh it's okay. Don't panic. Stay here, Gandalf will not hurt him." I told her.

At this point, the blonde haired woman entered the room. She saw the king and automatically ran to him. I went to stop her but Aragorn already beat me to it so I stayed with Théodra.

"Wait." He instructed.

"If I go, Théoden dies!"

"You did not kill me, you will not kill him!"

"Rohan is mine!" He hissed.

Gandalf smacked him against the throne. "Be gone!"

Théoden/Saruman lunged towards Gandalf but was pushed straight back with a groan. Gandalf breathed a sigh of relief. The king began to fall off his throne. The blonde haired woman and Théodra rushed to catch him and everyone looked around in apprehension. The king breathed deep and right before our eyes, began to look younger again. The women smiled happily. The dark days were over.

"Éowyn." The king smiled, looking at the blonde woman. "Théodra." He smiled again. "Gandalf?"

"Breathe the free air again, my friend."

He stood up and was presented with his sword. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed a quivering Grima.

"Get him out." The king said in unnerving calmness. I shuffled on my feet. This was the part I was fearing. What if I was not welcome?

Grima was thrown roughly down the stone steps we had come up around an hour ago.

"I've only ever served you my Lord." Grima said, cowering.

"Your leechcraft would have had me crawling on all fours like a beast!" The king boomed.

"Send me not from your sight!" Grima pleaded. Théoden raised his sword to strike down the coward and traitor.

"No, my Lord! No my Lord! Let him go. Enough blood has been spilt on his account." Aragorn said, making eye contact with the king. Aragorn gave a hand to help Grima up but he was spat on. Aragorn held back a grimace.

"Get out of my way!"

"Pe-channas. (Idiot)" I muttered.

"Hail Théoden, king!"

Everyone proceeded to bow their heads in respect. I hoped to stay inconspicuous for as long as possible.

"Where is Théodred?" I heard the king ask. "Where is my son?"

Théoden was lead back inside along with Éowyn and Théodra, tears filled their eyes.

"The king's son has died." Aragorn said sadly, walking over to me.

"Thats awful. I cannot imagine such sadness." I answered.

"Can you not?" Aragorn asked. "Has the stone been working?" He added quietly.

"Yes, so far a dreamless sleep. Aragorn I'm worried." He looked at me questionably. "How long will it be before Théoden learns of my... heritage?"

"I do not know. But do not fear." He said with a smile. "Myself and Gandalf will let no harm befall you. You have my word." He grabbed my shoulders. "We will always protect you."

AN: Woohoo! Naw ain't Aragorn just so sweet?? Please vote and comment, I love to hear your thoughts.

As always, thanks for reading!

Lollylom