Off Target

We were lead inside where I was met by a teary Théodra.

"Hello..." Théodra started.

"..Raina." I told her. "Apologies for not introducing myself earlier."

"That's alright." She said with a sniff.

"I'm really sorry, Théodra."

She smiled a little. "Well it's not your fault is it? This is Saruman's doing since he joined forces with Sauron."

I inwardly winced. My father was responsible for this, along with Saruman. All could manage was a nod.

"We're expected to have lots of guests over for the funeral so rooms are scarcely available but you can share a room with me if you'd like." She offered.

"I would be most grateful, thank you."

"Right this way." She said, leading me down an empty corridor. She opened the second door on the right. "Your companions are three doors down to your left if you should need them." I nodded. Inside the room, there were two beds either side of a window. Under the windowsill, there was a small chest of draws. "Your bed is that one." She said, indicating the bed to the left.

"Thank you." I said again, taking off my pack.

"There's a small chest through that door if you need anywhere to put your clothes and there's a tub next to it. If there is anything you need, don't hesitate to ask. I'm just going to help my uncle with some arrangements." She said.

"Okay. If you need any help I will be more than welcome to lend a hand." I said and she smiled.

"Thank you, Raina." She said as she left the room.

On the chest of draws was a small mirror so I took the opportunity to inspect myself.

"Ew..."

My face had a layer of grime over it and I had dust covering my hair and clothes. My hair looked like a nest and probably held half of Rohan's grassy plains in there! I figured it might be time for a bath.

I walked through a small door to find a bath already filled with hot water. I silently thanked Théodra. I stripped down and it took all my strength not to nose dive straight into the water.

I put a tentative toe in and then I was submerged to my neck and I let out a sigh. I watched my long hair swirl around me and figured I should give it a clean. On a nearby shelf, just in arms reach was a bar of soap. I lathered it in my hair and watched as all the dirt and grime from the exertion of travel washed away. I began to scrub my skin until I could see my pale complexion rather than the muddy brown/green colour.

"This really is disgusting." I said to myself. "How are you living like this, Raina?"

I looked at the water in was sitting in which was now a delightful brown colour. I decided to get out before I got my hair dirty with the water again. I wrapped myself with a towel and dried off. I went back in to the bedroom to find a dress and shoes layed out on my bed with a note.

Dear Raina, I left this on the bed for you whilst your clothes and boots are being washed and repaired. I did not know what colour you liked so decided to go with red. Your clothes will be back soon. I hope you don't mind borrowing this dress. I will see you for dinner later. If you wish for something to do, the elf you arrived with I spotted at the archery range. Have fun! Théodra. x

I smiled at the note she left me and slipped into the dress. I towel dried my hair until it was almost dry and combed it through and left it flowing down my back. I slipped on the shoes and grabbed my bow and headed out the door.

I passed through the hall and saw Théodra carrying some baskets she spotted me and I mouthed a "thank you" and she smiled. I went out of the huge double doors and went outside. I walked past the stables and after a few wrong turns, found the archery range. Legolas was firing arrow after arrow into the gold. When he shot his next arrow, I used my powers to create a gust of wind to make the arrow fly off course and hit a tree. Legolas' face contorted into confusion. He picked up another arrow and his bow "magically" swirled and hit the same tree, splitting the arrow. He let out a frustrated grunt.

"Are you losing your touch, Legolas? I didn't know elves could make that sound." I laughed. He whirled around.

"You did that!" He accused.

"Of course not! Why would I?" I smiled sweetly.

"Tsk Tsk Raina." He said quietly. He ran straight at me and picked me up and whirled me around. I squealed surprise and he set me back down, laughing. I noticed Aragorn watching us intently from the side.

~Aragorn POV~

I watched as Legolas span her around. She laughed and giggled and looked genuinely happy. Legolas said something to her and she smiled. I could not help feeling slightly annoyed at their relationship. She wasn't like that with me. She noticed me staring and gave me a small smile. I couldn't bring myself to smile back.

AN: Oooh is that jealousy there, Aragorn??! Hehe.

Thanks for reading!

Lollylom