Capture the Girl

I awoke to ringing in my ears. What just happened? I tried to open my eyes and focus on something, anything.

Everything blurred but eventually the fogginess began to clear. The battlefield was a mess and there was rocks from the wall scattered everywhere.

There was just one problem now. I was no longer in the fortress. I'd been blown over the wall and was now sitting on the ground on the other side of Helms Deep's gates.

"You're in quite a state, aren't you?"

I whipped my head around. There were no Uruks near me as they had all piled towards the fortress. I was met with the face of Saruman, slightly smirking at me. I scowled at him.

"I take it that you do not intend to follow your father's orders?" He asked me, casually.

"No!" I growled. "I would rather die!"

"Well that's a pity for you isn't it? You can't."

I got to my feet. "What do you want from me? You can't kill me, so why are you here?"

"My Lord Sauron bids me to give you one final offer. You can join him, or you can say goodbye to your friends. And trust me, he will make sure that you'll never forget the pain or guilt."

I gulped. No. I won't let that happen. My friends will be safe. I will protect them. "Tell my father my mind remains unchanged. I will never be like him. And I will protect my friends!"

"So be it..." He whispered. He raised his staff. A bolt of light shot through it and into my direction. I dived out of the way.

I emitted an orange glow from my hand and sent it hurtling straight for him. He deflected it with his staff and sent it hurtling towards me. It narrowly missed me as I built up another orange glow, more powerful than the last. I launched it towards him and he moved out of the way, the glow blowing up a tree behind him. Saruman tapped his staff on the floor twice, sending shockwaves in the ground towards me. I fell onto my back, the glow I was creating fizzled out in my hands. He sent a white glow my way and it hit me square in the chest, knocking the air out of my lungs. I gasped for breath as I lay on my back. I rolled over to face him and he laughed quietly at me.

"To be honest, I was expecting more. But at least I got the job done quickly." He reached to grab me.

I quickly rolled away from him and a bright golden glow shot from my hands to my arms. The glow dance around my limbs before it shot from my body and towards Saruman. From my position on the floor I watched him teleport away using his powers.

Coward. And he almost had me...

~Aragorn POV~

I lay on the cold stone floor after the wall had exploded. I waited for the Uruks to charge through the hole. I readied my sword and jumped up and waited for the fight.

"Aragorn!" Gimli shouted as he jumped from the wall and into the water.

Oh Valar, Gimli, no.

I had no time to save him as I was attacked by hideous monsters. I slashed and hacked away at them. I looked over my shoulder worridly to see if Gimli was alright. I saw his head emerge from the water and he began to fight the Uruks. I sighed in relief and carried on killing the foul creatures.

"Aragorn!" Gimli shouted again.

I made my way over to him. "What is it, friend? What's the matter?"

"It's Raina! She's no longer in the caves! I saw her before the wall exploded but I haven't seen her since. Word has it, Saruman has been here. The soldiers have seen him from afar battling with someone... using magic."

Oh Valar, Raina what have you done?