Brrrrrrr!

Cold cold cold cold cold cold cold cold cold cold! That was all I could think about whilst ascending up the snowy peek. I was pulled away from my thoughts when something rolled past me.

"Frodo!" I heard Aragorn yell. I whirled around to see if he was okay. He seemed unharmed but was frantically searching round his neck. The ring! A little way away from me, I saw it. I jumped half a mile and hid behind Gimli. Boromir picked it up with his gloved hand. He stared at it in fascination.

"Boromir." Aragorn spoke in a warning tone. Boromir didn't hear him. He was tranfixed on the ring. Nothing else mattered.

"Raina..." A shrill voice whispered in my head. It was The Pheonix!
"Take it. You know you want to. Reach out your hand and GRAB IT. TAKE IT!" the voice screamed. I clutched my head. The voice in my head was repeating.
" take it take it take it take it take it take it take it take it you know you want to take it take it take it take it!"

"NO!" I screamed aloud. Everyone turned to face me. I dropped to my knees in the snow.

"Give the ring to Frodo." Aragorn commanded while Legolas ran over to me.

"Are you alright?" He whispered as I clutched my head and squeezed my eyes shut.

"Yeah, yeah I'm okay now." I said shakily, opening my eyes. He gave me a look saying 'I'm not letting this drop' as I got to my feet. He tucked a strand of my raven hair behind my ear. "I'll tell you later." I whispered.  I could trust Legolas to listen. He and Gandalf seemed to be the only people who could fully understand. He nodded.

Boromir walked over to the hobbit. "As you wish." He said light-heartedly. "I care not." He reluctantly extended his hand to Frodo who snatched it quickly out of his grasp. There was an awkward pause and Boromir decided to ruffle Frodo's hair to break the ice. (A/N no pun intended) He turned away from Frodo and we continued to journey up the mountain.  I noticed Aragorn slowly release the hilt if his sword.

~*~

The wind began to increase as we got further up the pass. The snow became so deep that the hobbits had to be carried. The wind and snow whirled around us as gandalf made a path with his staff. Legolas walked past us with ease as he walked on top of the snow and we struggled through it. I heard Gimli mutter something which sounded alot like "smarty princling" and a few profanities about elves. I rolled my eyes. If legolas heard, he did not say anything. The wind was howling now.

"There is a fell voice on the air." legolas informed us.

"It's Saruman!" Gandalf exclaimed. We looked up to hear a loud rumbling. Rocks began to fall and we all took cover.

"He's trying to bring down the mountain! Gandalf, we must turn back!" Aragorn urged.

"No!" Gandalf shouted. He began to chant but Saruman was too strong. A bolt of lightening hit the peek and sent a wall of snow crashing down on us. We were submerged in darkness.

I couldn't breath. I couldnt see. I opened my mouth and I got a mouthful of snow. I could hear muffled voices. I reached up and tried to get out of my cocoon of coldness. My fingers brushed the top of the snow.

"There!" Someone shouted. I was then pulled up out of the snow. As I reached the surface, I found a hand extending my hand. I looked up the arm to see that it was Legolas'. He smiled at me and I smiled back.

"We must get off the mountain! Take the west road to my city!" Boromir exclaimed.

"That brings us too close to Isengard!" Aragorn argued.

"If we cannot pass over a mountain, let us go under it! Let us go through the Mines of Moria!" said Gimli.

No. not Moria! The Pheonix was there! I was there. I destroyed that city! I killed thousands of dwarves whilst my mind was overthrown.  It was shortly after Kili died, I lost all control. Sauron used one of the darkest moments of my life against me. We can't go there...

"Let the ringbearer decide." Gandalf stated after a moments silence.

"We will go through the Mines of Moria." Frodo said. He tried to sound confident but his voice deceived him.

"So be it." Gandalf muttered. His face looked troubled.

Balls.