Ch. 8

~Todorokis POV~

As Katsuki and I walk hand in hand alongside Kirishima and Kaminari we are all approached by a news crew. I feel my anxiety shoot through the roof.

"Here we have four class 1-A, now 2-A students. Otherwise known as Ejirou Kirishima, Denki Kaminari, Shoto Todoroki, and Katsuki Bakugo. We have found them out on a-"

"Excuse me. But what the fuck are you doing?" Katsuki interrupts the woman.

I was gripping his hand more than before and he must've realized that the press was what was making me more anxious.

"I'm sorry young man? I'm doing my job and my job is to stop and speak with all passerby hero's."

"Right yeah. So, while I'm sure for everyone else that's fine and dandy. We have somewhere to be and that isn't being very rudely stepped in front of and stopped."

"Excuse me?!"

"You heard me woman. You walked right in front of us just blocking our path completely. You didn't stop us politely and ask to ask us a few questions. You just stopped us in our tracks and went on with your robotic performance. You annoyed me and my friends. Now please move and next time you encounter a hero do your job better."

He drags me away from the press while Kirishima and Kaminari apologize and then quickly follow us. The apologies were half-hearted and mostly directed towards Katsuki's rude speech, not the context of his words. Suki brings my hand to his lips kissing the back of it gently.

"Don't let the press make you nervous. They aren't worth your energy love... GET THOSE FUCKING CAMERAS OFF OF MY BACK!"

I whirl around with Katsuki as he yells at the press who was following us from behind. Kirishima and Kaminari turn around, shocked at Katsuki's shouting. I put my hand on Katsuki's shoulder. Kirishima holds him back from the other side.

"Suki! As you said, they aren't worth it!"

"Yeah Bakugo!" He struggles and says so only the three of us who he trusts can hear him.

"But they're upsetting you Sho."

"Yes. But hurting them could get you into trouble Suki. I'd rather deal with them than have you get into trouble. Just this image could be used as blackmail or something like that."

He sighs and nods. Kaminari has a hand on Kirishima's shoulder to keep him calm. We hear footsteps from behind us as we observe the approaching press trying to see what to do about our situation.

"What are you four doing starring at the press? Toshinori said you were headed out to the mall."

We whip our heads around to face the tired face of Mr. Aizawa.

"We were on our way to the mall, sir. We decided to walk since it was a nice day and the mall is close by. They stopped us very rudely so Bakugo told them off. We walked away but they kept following us with cameras from behind."

Kaminari begins and I continue.

"Yes. And while Katsuki was comforting me because they made me really anxious, he noticed that they were doing this and whipped around and yelled at them. Kirishima and I stopped him and talked him out of it before he got physical. They are practically stalking us and we don't know what to do about it since dealing with the press is pretty new to us."

Mr. Aizawa growls under his breath and stands in front of us. Kirishima speaks up.

"Sir? What're you doing?"

"Defending my students and teaching them at the same time. Now watch and learn."

We are all baffled. Our quiet, anxious, tired teacher who hates the press with a burning passion is willingly confronting them for us. When the press gets to us there is a small confused crowd of people off to the side.

"The class 2-A homeroom teacher! Here to discipline your villain of a student? Very rude to lash out at the press."

I feel Katsuki tense. Now I'm more pissed than anxious. But I'll let the adult handle it for now. I pull my tense, anxiety-ridden, upset and hurting, lover into my arms. He rests his head on my shoulder while I rest one hand on the back of his head and the other on his back. He plays with the hem of my shirt out of embarrassment and nerves. I guess we're taking turns today with being upset. Mr. Aizawa is quick to refute.

"I'm sorry? But Bakugo will make an amazing hero. He's got the skill and social abilities. And all he had been doing was getting his friends away from you. He did that because you were making them uncomfortable. He is a good person who deserves your respect. And none of my students appreciate feeling like they're being stalked or followed."

"Well no matter what you think sir you should teach your students better. They should be taught not to lash out at the press for no reason. You sir are a bad teacher."

As I work to comfort Katsuki I get angrier and angrier. The next statement they made broke my self-control.

"And none of these children are good heroes. Nor will they ever be, not if they're acting like a bunch of heathens like this."

Kirishima and Kaminari are tearing up at the rude and uncalled-for statement. Mr. Aizawa is pissed and trying to control himself. And my Katsuki is trembling in my arms trying to stay strong. This is unacceptable and I'm going to do something about it.

"Excuse me?! These people are more heroes than you could ever know! Aizawa Sensei is one of the best teachers I have ever had! Kirishima and Kaminari will make amazing hero's when they are older and Katsuki is trying! He is trying to improve his image and his temper! He was protecting me! Doing exactly what a good hero does! Because a good hero will always protect the innocent. But more importantly, they will protect the people they care for! And may I just personally say as a human being and hero in training; You are a bad person and fuck you!"

I flip them off and take Katsuki's hand leading the shocked boy away as fast as I can. Sensei, Kaminari, and Kirishima run after us. We get far enough away and we stop to catch our breath.

"T-thank you for that back there Sho..."

"It's fine Suki. Let's wait here for the others to catch up to us."

He nods and I hug him to my chest the same way as before. The others soon catch up to us.

"Thank you for standing up for us back there Todoroki. I've never seen you lose your cool like that before."

"Yeah! It was really manly of you bro!"

"I'm proud that you were able to see right from wrong. The way you handled it could've been better but still. I really should go find Hizashi. You four should head to the mall now."

"Yes. Be safe Sensei." He nods and leaves. We all look at one another exasperated.

"Everyone still has all their things?" The four of us check our pockets. Kirishima, Kaminari, and Katsuki all nod.

"Do you Sho?"

"Yes. Let's get to the mall before those people try to hunt us down again."

Everyone nods in agreement. I take Katsukis hand while we walk alongside Kirishima and Kaminari. Everyone is silent, enjoying the peace after all of that madness. I swing Katsuki and my interlocked hands lightly. He turns to look at me with a smile. God, I love his smile. So rare and beautiful. I love this boy with all my heart.