The Small Act of Hope

We slept well that night, not making a sound... but in the morning... I saw something I really didn't want to see. I saw Kokichi sitting on the floor with blood splattered everywhere. I had screamed, but the "A body has been discovered" thing didn't come on. I quickly caught onto Kokichi's harmless little trick and said.. "...I guess I can just take his scarf, and maybe take over his organization after!" I laughed. "No, no, Saihara-Chan!" Kokichi jumped up and onto my bed. I had JUST cleaned out my sheets! "Oops, sorry, Saihara-Chan! Nishishi, not really!~" Kokichi said. I got mad and pushed him off of the bed. I went and took my blankets and sheets to the laundry room to get them cleaned.

~Time skip to 10:00 am~

I was in Kaede's Ultimate Lab thinking about her case when I heard someone walk into the room. I was shocked and hid under the piano. Wasn't the best area to hide, but it would do. I was as quiet as a mouse when I heard Kirumi-San. I felt embarrassment rush up to my face as I thought that she would find me and make fun of me.

I had noticed what I was thinking was absolutely stupid, so that helped me calm down. Soon after I fully calmed down, I heard Kirumi talking to someone. "There you are, Shuichi-San." She was talking to me. I sat up as quickly as I could, hitting my head on the bottom of the piano. "Are you okay?" She asked. "Y-Yeah, I'm okay.." I said. I got up from under the piano, and she took me to the dining hall for lunch.

~Kokichi POV~

Saihara-Chan was gone for a while, but I didn't really mind. I went to bother others by slightly pushing them when I was walking past, or talk about them when I was walking past. It was actually really fun, but Kaito started chasing me, so I ran out of the dining hall. I had then thought of something so smart, only I, Kokichi Ouma could think of it.

I had led Kaito out of the room into the pool, but he was so focused on me, he fell straight in! "Damn, Kaito! The sick liar really fucked you up, huh?" Stupid Miu-Chan said to me and Kaito... I think. "Oi, Kii-Boy! Get Kaito out for me, 'Kay? Oh right, you're not waterproof like us HUMANS!" I said that, and you could tell that Kii-Boy was mad. "T-That's robophobic! Take that back now, Kokichi!" I didn't and decided to stick my tongue out at him and laugh. "Nishihi, it's the truth!" I then heard Gonta say something about being a gentleman and that boring crap, so I ignored the idiot and went back to the dining hall. Kaito didn't like that I left, but honestly, I didn't care. And that's the truth!

I went to the dining hall to see Saihara-Chan sitting down, eating breakfast. I wanted to cause mischief, so I decided to sit down next to him and take his food. Simple, but fun! It's a tasty prank! However, he didn't like my humor and snatched his food back. "Nishishi~ Saihara-Chan, you really don't want me to eat right now, huh?"

"Well, you can get your own food."

"No I can't..~" 

"And why not?"

"Because I will DIE!"

"..."

Soon after that, he let me have a little of his food, and I actually HUGGED him! Like my god, I NEVER show what I feel like!! Anyways, I told him that I was going to my room, but I was going to his room because I didn't really feel like going to my room. I had played around his room, making a mess, then he came in...

~Shuichi POV~

I walked into my room to see Kokichi jumping around my room like an excited puppy. I looked at him, and he looked at me. "O-Oh, hi Saihara-Chan..!" He said and giggled nervously. "Kokichi.." I started, "What are you doing in here?" I asked with a stern look on my face. "I was obviously wanting you to get mad in here and call Maki, and then..- Shoot, please don't get Maki!" I smirked, and walked over to the door, and giggled. "S-Saihara-Chan please don't!" He said, using his puppy eyes. "Only if you draw me will I not tell Maki."

Soon enough, Kokichi agreed and started drawing me.

To my disbelief, the drawing was actually really good

To my disbelief, the drawing was actually really good. I smiled and looked at Kokichi. "When did you learn how to draw?" "I didn't. I actually self-taught." He said that in a smooth, nice, and calm tone. *Cute..* I thought to myself before saying: "Hey, Kokichi?" "Yeah?" He answered. "Want to eat lunch tomorrow..?"

~A/N: I'll try to make the next chapter longer- Bye-bee!