13 - first fight

TW! Blood and bruises!
——————————————————
The sky was dark and the stars were out. It was finally time for us to execute the mission. Xiao motioned for me to come over to him. I nodded and approached him. "We have the farthest way ahead of us. I can go faster than you. So I'll carry you." "You will what?" "I am fast. Faster than you, so I will carry you. I don't want you to slow me down." I was mad. He was awfully mean to me for no damn reason. "I am so fed up with you! For the past few days you've been ignoring me and now when you are finally talking to me again all you do is insult me and bring me down. I am going alone I don't want to travel with someone who doesn't appreciate me. Actually you don't even need to appreciate me, just some respect would be enough, but I'm not even receiving that from you!" Right that instant I stormed off to walk the way by my own. Walking developed into jogging and that turned into running, eventually I was sprinting. I wanted to be completely alone. I wanted nothing but mere solitude.

I was somewhere more north of Liyue. The streets were empty and everything was dark except for the belitted sky. My heart was aching, but I wasn't sure why. Was it because I missed Verr Goldet? Or was it because of Xiao? Whatever it was I wanted it to just go away. Right in front of me was one of the Hilichurl camps we were supposed to destroy. Though I was alone I still wanted to fight them off. Slowly and carefully I approached the back of the camp. "One Mitachurl, six hilichurl, two samachurls and three slimes." I quietly counted the monsters inside. I made my way to the back of the camp and snuck in taking out two hilichurl who stood there. Sadly I wasn't quiet enough and the others noticed. The Mitachurl charged at me with his shield while the two samachurls attacked me. I tried my best to fight them off with my polearm. It was tiring but I managed with a few bruises. I was already off to the next camp and arrived in an instant. This time there were less enemies with just three hilichurls, one Mitachurl and one samachurl. I fought them off with an ease, a few more bruises adding up on my skin. The open wound on my body has started to drip out blood. I wiped it off with my hand and proceeded to destroy the remaining camps. Xiao was nowhere to be seen. "Tch and he said he'd be faster than me."

There it was. The last camp. It was incredibly huge. Three mitachurls, three abyss mages, four samachurls and an uncountable number of hilichurls. I was already tired and exhausted, but I knew I had to finish the mission. With my last remaining strength I entered the battle field alone. Xiao still hasn't shown up. He probably disappeared again. Seemed like he couldn't do anything else beside that anyway. The monsters all came charging at me. I did my best to dodge their attacks and plunge at them. Some hilichurls fell to their knees and passed while some were able to take a hit on me. I was able to avoid most contact with their weapons, but when the abyss mages burned me and froze me it was starting to get difficult. They were able to strike me down. The cryo abyss mages froze me to the floor while all the others approached my body to attack. "No no stop!" I yelled. Before they could hit me a silhouette plunged down on them from above. That person who just saved me turned to me to see if I was okay. His eyes shone a bright yellow color. They showed angst, worry and anger. It was Xiao who looked at me so spiteful. He fought off every single one of the hilichurls and mitachurls. The samachurls were also no match for him. His body slowly turning and eyes moving to the abyss mages who was unfairly protected by his shield. Xiao looked like he could instantly kill both of the remaining enemies. In a swift he charged at both monsters, breaking their shields in an instant. They were down quick, due to Xiao's anger which made him stronger. Yes, those abyss mages were also no match to him and I was finally freed from what had me captured tightly in the ground. But the sudden incoming enemies, who made the surroundings shake in a violent manner, were definitely more challenging.