17 - home?

Authors Note
I AM SO SORRY!!! I've been so stressed and busy for such a long time, I completely disregarded this fanfic 😭 I am kinda back? So I'll try my best to update. My sincerest apology!
——————————————————

For the past few days, I spent my time with Zhongli and even Hu Tao. It was weird to not go train since I was used to it. But I did not mind, it was a good change. Instead, I got to work as another counselor at the Wangsheng funeral parlor. Slowly I sipped the Tea Hu Tao made us. Next to me seated Zhongli who had his eyes shut, enjoying the flavor of the brew he held.

For a while, I thought about visiting Verr Goldet and Yanxiao at the Inn so I quickly brought that up. "Zhongli I want to visit the people who have found me, Verr Goldet and Mr. Yanxiao." His eyes flew open and his attention focused on me. "I see, that shouldn't be a problem, but talk to Hu Tao about your days off." I nodded at his words and stood up to find my way to the young brown-haired girl.

She stood at the local graveyard, cleaning the tombstones of the deceased. "Hey, Hu Tao!" I spoke towards her. "Oh, Tianshi!" I took one of the available brushes and started helping her scrub off the dirt. "I wanted to go back to the Wangshu Inn for a bit, I came to you to ask for permission." She laughed a bit. "Why of course! There's no need to ask me. I know I am technically now your boss, but I don't want to boss around my best friend." She genuinely spoke. I thanked her for her kind words and took off again. It was time for me to pack up.

"My things are packed!" I exclaimed as I was entering Zhongli's room. To my surprise, he had also packed his belongings. "What are you doing?" I sternly said. "I'm coming with you, I have to make sure you are safe." I hesitated for an extent but came around. The two of us got perched in a cozy wagon and got taken to the far land of Bishui Plain.

The ride wasn't too long. But it was not as cozy as I thought. Little pieces of gravel on the road made it a tad uncomfortable. Zhongli and I got out of the wagon and we're astounded by the tremendous tree that resided right at the building.

Stepping into the house we were greeted with warmth and kindness. Of course, I immediately looked for Verr Goldet who was sitting at her usual spot, the reception. "Verr Goldet!" I yelled for her. Immediately I caught her attention, which brought her to a bright smile. "Dearest Tianshi! What are you doing here?" She embraced me. "I came to visit hehe. "Who is that gentleman behind you?" She pointed at Zhongli who bowed to greet her. "I go by Zhongli, we live together." It was quiet for a second but was quickly broken by a shocked Verr Goldet. "L-l-live together?! Who are you to her?!" She screeched. "Ah, he's just-" I couldn't finish my sentence for I was interrupted by Zhongli himself. "I like to see myself as her protector." My face was starting to heat up at the conversation. "O-okay enough already! We'll just check into our rooms!" "Oh, honey rooms? There's only one room for you two." "Huh? Why?" "Well, I never thought you would visit with a friend..."

There I was stuck in a single room with Zhongli.