14 - agony

Little authors note before story!
So a few nights ago I went ahead and enjoyed some alcohol 😎 during that time I made a voice memo of myself telling a story of Xiao and reader! I haven't listened to it myself after being sober again out of pure embarrassment, but if y'all want me to show you the audio, I'm ready to share it with you 😂
——————————————————
TW! Blood and injuries!
——————————————————
Ruin guards and ruin hunters were both closing in on us. There were too many, but I wondered, where did they come from? Why were these machines all the way up here? Xiao pulled me up by my arm. Slowly I started to panic. Even though he was still in shape to fight them off I wasn't. And he knew that very well. Without hesitation he looked at me emotionless and started attacking the ruin guards and hunters. His movements were swift and fast. Xiao was indeed an elite adepti. Behind me the ground shook.

As I turned a ruin guard tried to close his hands on me, luckily I was able to dodge his attempt. Now also I was moving rapidly. Yes, I was able to take down a ruin guard by myself, but not all of them. Xiao seemed to manage so I wanted to show him that I was ready to fight them too. "What are you doing? Stay back idiot! You are injured." I heard him yell, but I ignored him. I did not want to listen to his commands. "I'm gonna show you what I can do." I dashed through two ruin guards, making sure that I was hitting their critical spots. One had to kneel down, while the other was definitely damaged slightly. I glanced over at Xiao, showing him a playful smirk which clearly screamed 'hah see I can manage'. He didn't show any reaction, instead he went back to fighting his enemies.

My right eye started twitching out of annoyance. "At it again huh? You never trust my abilities nor do you respect them! I'm tired of you! If you are so great and strong, why did Lady Ningguang Team me up with you huh? No wonder you're alone all the time.. you act like the biggest idiot! I-" I strong shudder erupted behind me. Slowly my head turned and my eyes widened. "Oh no" Without any second longer to spare the hand of a ruin guard hit me and I flew a few ten meters away.

Pain engulfed the entirety of my body and I felt like I won't be able to move. But the agony and torment that had spread all over me was nothing that could stop me. With the help of my polearm I was able to assist myself up. Unfortunately the ruin guard was faster and I was stomped on the ground. My body was lying still on the ground, the wounds that have been created by the destructive machines got flooded with red fluid. I tried to reach out to my weapon once again, but the pain was too strong. I couldn't keep up anymore. "Why am I so weak? At the end I did not match up to Xiao..." Xiao.. wait.. where was he? I tried to scan around with my eyes, but my vision was too blurry to identify everything correctly.

What I saw was an indistinct figure. It didn't move, it just stood there. "Xiao?" I whispered out. Now it was finally moving. It was moving towards me, towards my still body. As it got closer I was able to identify it as Xiao. The young adeptus kneeled down next to me, his eyes looking at my body and the wounds that appeared on my skin. "I'm sorry, I'm such a disappointment. Please leave me here and fight.." I said with tears in my eyes and a soft smile plastered on my lips. His face showed a complete traumatic look. His eyes were wide and his pupils small. It was as if he just saw me die. "If you don't fight back we will both die." This seemed to trigger him into continuing.

The boy stood up and began slashing at the robots, though his movements seemed to be less fast, less strong, less swift. And because of this sudden change even he was hit by a ruin guard. I tried to scream out to him, I wanted to help, I regretted the last words I said to him. "I don't want this.. It can't end like this. Please someone, help!" The tears that had built up inside of me came running down like waterfalls. The pain that was horribly unbearable slowly became numb and all I felt was my aching heart. Slowly the tears lit up and so did my eyes, my body heated up and steam erupted from it. All of the sudden, I was able to move again.