Chapter 10: Magic (Part 11)

"Y/n your pager is going off." Jackson groaned from the bed above me.

"Mmhmm," I whined and checked my pager. Of course Dr. Robbins was paging me. I quickly jogged out of the on call room to an empty patient room. Dr. Robbins was sitting on one of the couches waiting for me.

"What can I do for you Dr. Robbins?" The question felt so cold coming out of my mouth.

"Have you been crying?" She stood from the couch and crossed the room towards me. I instinctively stepped back and so did she.

"I'm sorry." She looked down at her feet and all I wanted was to take away the frown forming on her face. I miss her smile. But instead I shoved my hands into my coat pockets to stop myself from reaching out to her.

"I just want to talk y/n." Perfect timing after I had been crying my eyes out. I sat in the spot where she had been before and waited for her to speak.

Arizona's POV

I know she's staring at me with those big curious eyes, waiting for me to talk, but it's just so damn hard! How am I supposed to tell a girl I barely know that I want to go on a date with her? Especially after I'd been avoiding her since she first started on my specialty all because I can barely control myself.

Get it together Arizona!

She's so beautiful and the way she actually listens to everything I say is so endearing. Not to mention she's insanely organized! I've never seen someone multitask as well as she can.

She definitely doesn't get that from Mark. I'm just surprised in all the years I've worked with him and Addison I've never met her. It's probably because she was in med school when I first came, but still. I haven't felt this way in such a long time! I took a deep breath before finally speaking and just hoped my voice doesn't crack.

"You're really good with your siblings Montgomery-Sloan," ugh that is not what I wanted to say! And why did I even use her last name! Dammit she makes me so nervous! I could see a blush rise to her neck as she playfully rolled her eyes giving me hope and encouragement.

"They mean the world to me Dr. Robbins." I wish she'd call me Arizona. I was still standing in the middle of the room so I decided to sit near her. My leg laid bent on the couch with my ankle hanging off. I didn't mean to be touching her knee, but neither of us moved and it made my heart pound faster.

"You'll be a great mom one day." Why am I bringing this up?! Sure seeing her with kids makes me think about the future but I've only known her a few days. Besides I'm not even sure I want kids. But somewhere in the back of my mind I can see tiny humans running around with her big bright eyes and her adorable smile that I haven't seen in a while.

She wiped her hands on her scrubs and folded them in front her her. Was she nervous too? Maybe that blush wasn't just in my head.

"Look, I know I've been avoiding you. I'm sorry. Truthfully you just make me nervous Montgomery-Sloan. Also your last name is really long." My voice came out quickly, but when she smiled at me with a soft giggle I knew I was doing okay. Her smile calmed my nerves.

"I agree Dr. Robbins it is really long. I make you nervous?" She inched closer to me causing my heart to race. I cleared my throat and changed the subject. She completely threw me off my game!

"I heard you found a duplex appendix. That's pretty rare and magical according to Mia." She nodded and sat back into the couch moving away. Before I could even realize what I was doing I moved closer to her. I could audibly hear her breath hitch and it looked like I wasn't the only one with butterflies in her stomach.

"I wouldn't call it magic."

"Magic!" I gasped rather loudly. Y/n just laughed at me and raised her eyebrows seductively. Wow! She barely did anything and I could already feel the heat pooling between my legs.

"Do you need some magic Dr. Robbins?" She inched forwards again making me cross my legs instinctively. Maybe I do like her calling me Dr. Robbins.

"I...n...no, well maybe but that's not what I mean!" I could barely produce words with her staring at me like that. This girl is making my head pound, but somehow I needed more.

"I'm gonna call you Magic from now on." She licked her lips playfully thinking of her next words. I was definitely staring, but I didn't care. I want to kiss her so bad!

"Hmm... then I'll call you Smile, Dr. Robbins." There she goes using my last name against me! It's now or never Arizona.

"Only if you go on a date with me Magic!" I didn't mean to yell, but she didn't seem to mind. I could see her pupils dilating and no doubt mine were fully blown as well.

"I'd love to Smile!" Finally! That was all the confirmation I needed to pull her face close to mine and kiss her passionately. As my eyelids fluttered shut I felt my body relax into hers. I'd never felt this safe so quickly before.

I'd been around the neighborhood plenty of times if you know what I'm saying, but none of that compared to this kiss. We moved in sync without any hesitation. I giggled into the kiss as she pulled me onto her lap so I was straddling her waist. My hands instinctively went to her head gently raking at her scalp. I heard a soft moan escape her lips only furthering the heat between my legs.

Her moans only made me kiss her harder. My tongue glided across her bottom lip and she eagerly granted me access. She ran her hand up and down my thighs and the ache between my legs grew immensely. How is she doing this to me?

After a few seconds I had to pull away. She whined at the loss of contact so I pecked her softly.

"How...are you...not out...of breath?" She raised her eyebrows at me again and smirked. Oh she most definitely had the Sloan smirk and it is hot!

"I played trombone throughout med school. I'm very good with breathing and my mouth." My eyes nearly popped out of my head. This girl is going to give me a heart attack if she keeps saying those things to me. I didn't think the friction between my thighs could get any stronger but I was clearly wrong!

"I think Magic is definitely the right nickname."

"Definitely because every time you say it you can't help but smile and I love your smile!"

She's magic, pure magic!