Chapter 1

762 count words        Characters count 3,776

Narrator POV

    W.I.C.K.E.D or WCKD also known as the World in Catastrophe: Killzone Experiment Department.
    W.I.C.K.E.D started a trial to find the cure for the Flare. The Flare is a deadly virus that controls the mind after the host is dead. The virus makes you crazy and hungry for anything you can get your hands on, but especially human flesh. With the trial W.I.C.K.E.D started taking people to see if they were immune, but they found out that most of the newer generation was immune. W.I.C.K.E.D started to take kids to put them through different trials and tests. The newest trial was The Maze.

    W.I.C.K.E.D knew they would put the kids in the middle of the maze with no memory's except for their names. They wanted to also test if a kid grew up in the maze with the grievers if they would survive. So they tortured a young girl with multiple tests and sent her into the maze to live. With the test they pulled on the girl she got some powers that WCKD did not understand. Once they created this power they tried to see if they could duplicate it to create an army to get rid of all the cranks and the people that dont listen to them.

3rd person (Past Y/N is 10)

    Y/N walks down the hallway with two guards on each side of her. They walk down the hallway and she sees kids in other rooms. The guards took her to a room and sat her down. She sat there as they left.
    A woman with blond hair walks into the room and takes a seat across from her.
    "Hello Y/N" the lady smiles at her. "I'm Ava"
    "Where are my parents?"
    "Your 10 right Y/N" Y/N gives her a nod.
    "You killed them didn't you!" Ava looked down to the ground and Y/N knew they were dead.
    "Y/N we have a few more tests for you then you will go into the maze"
    "Please no more tests"
    "I'm sorry Y/N"
    Y/N goes to stand up as she does there is a poke in her neck. Slowly the world fades away.

Y/N POV (Past Y/N is 13 - when she first gets into the maze)

    I wake up on concrete ground. As I sit up my back scrapes across the ground. The scene around me is all made of concrete with vines covering them. I look to the side and see a note. I slowly open the note and read it.

   Dear Y/N
    You were put within the maze to see if you can survive. The creatures that live within the maze will not hurt you. You should become friends with them. There is an exit but you won't be able to leave without the key. There will be people that live in the center of the maze don't talk to them. If they find you then you can. They should come up in one years time. You are also there to help them escape.
    If you look to the area that the note was left there is a button on the bottom to the wall. It will scan your fingerprint and the door will open. There is a camera at the top that will only let you in so no one else can go in there with you.
    Within the room there is a greenhouse that will grow food for you. There is also a door in the corner. Food, clothes, and supplies will be brought up through the door/cage for you. There is a bathroom in there with a bedroom and kitchen. There will also be a map of the maze in there as well. There is one on the wall and in the drawer there are small ones for when you go around. On the map it will also tell you where you can climb up to the top of the maze.
    We recommend you stay on top of the wall when the other people join you in the maze.
    If you are wondering you are missing some memories but you have all the ones you need.
    Good luck Y/N
    Sincerely W.I.C.K.E.D

    I look beside me and see a couple little creatures that look like little aliens that are half machines. I pick one up and smile at it. It looks at me and makes a little screeching noise.
    "I'm going to name you Will," I tell the little creature.
    I put it down and follow the note instructions.
    When I get in the room I see a large map on the wall.

(Here is something a little fun. I'll add some to the bottom of each chapter) (P.S I found them all on Pinterest)

S I found them all on Pinterest)