Chapter 5

Word count: 576         Characters count: 2,894

Y/N POV
(it is one day before the new Greenie comes up)

    I sit on the ground drawing in my book.  Right now I'm taking a couple days off to relax from running, so I'm just helping around the glade. I slowly finish my drawing of Chuck. I feel a hand on my shoulder.
    "That looks amazing love." I look up and see Newt. I swiftly close my book. " 'ave you done one of me?"
    "Maybe." I smile. "What can I help you with?" I ask
    "I'm not allowed to come see my beautiful girlfriend."
    I pull him into a kiss quickly and pull away. "Of course you can, but usually you would talk to me after work. So what's up?"
    "You know me too well." he pulls me into a hug and pulls away a bit to look me in the eyes. "Do you think you could make something for the greenie's bonfire tomorrow?"
    "What would you like?"
    "Can you make that amazing pumpkin pie you call it or a treat?"
    "Of course I can. I should probably leave now if i want to make it back before the door closes."
    "You should just bring the seeds here so you don't have to go back to your room." he tells me and pulls me into one last kiss. "See you after love."
    "Bye Newt"
    I run to the maze doors and enter it and head to the area WCKD left me.

    I get into the room and go to the greenhouse area. I grab some pumpkins and watermelons and put them in my wagon. I go to my kitchen and grab some eggs, flour, sugar, salt, butter, heavy whipping cream, milk, brown sugar, cornstarch, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground cloves, allspice, ground nutmeg, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract. I plan to make pumpkin pie and brownies. All the supplies are from W.I.C.K.E.D they also gave me the recipes. Before I leave I grab some clean clothes and the recipes.

Y/N gets back to the glade

    I enter the glade with my wagon behind me filled with supplies. I head over to the cooking hut when Chuck stops me.
    "What are you doing Y/N?" he asks
    "Making some treats for tomorrow night. You want to help?"
    He gives me a nod. We head to the hut and start cooking.

    After they are done baking the treats

    Chuck picks up one of the watermelons "What is this for?"
    "It's a watermelon. We will have one tonight and one tomorrow. How about you go wash up for dinner? I see Fry is almost done with dinner." he gives me a nod and runs off.
    I cut up the watermelon.

    Just as I'm done, Fry rings the bell for dinner. He starts to hand out dinner and I give all the gladers a couple pieces of watermelon. I finish with the last boy and give Fry some watermelon and he gives me my dinner. I head over to the dinning hall and I sit beside Newt.

After dinner.

    "I think i'm going to 'ead to bed early tonight love. You want to join me?" Newt asks.
    "Ya lets go." We wish goodnight to the other boys and head to the homestand.
    We get there and I jump into bed. Newt follows beside me. He wraps his arms around me. I nuzzle into his chest. I feel him kiss me on the head and I slowly fall to sleep.

 I feel him kiss me on the head and I slowly fall to sleep