Chapter 4

Word count: 1,660        Characters count: 7,858

Y/N POV

    I look at Minho and he looks at me "You have to tell him you know?"
    "I don't know who you are talking about."
    "Newt. Or I will tell him for you." He tells me.
    "Be quiet, I will."
    We finish our run just before the maze door closes. Minho runs off to the runner hut. I run to Newt.
     "How was your day?" I ask him.
     "Pretty good how 'bout you love?" He stands up and looks at me.
     "Good. You ready dinner?" He gives me a nod and we walk to the dinner hut.
     We go and sit at one of the tables and Minho and Gally join us. We eat quietly.

After dinner

     "Your staying in the glade tomorrow to 'elp with the new grennie right?" Newt asks me.
     "I always do."
     Me and Newt walk over to the log we sit at every night before bed. We sit there for a bit when Newt speaks up.
     " 'ey Y/N. Can I tell you something?" I look at him and stare at his honey brown eyes.
     "Of course you can tell me anything."
     "I really like you Y/N. like more than friends." my jaw drops "it's fine if you don't, I understand."
     "What? You like me? Please tell me this is not a joke that Minho put you up too."
     "No it's not. Wait Minho? Did he tell you he was going to tell me tomorrow night if you didn't say you liked me?'
     "Yes. I'll kill Minho after this" I turn to him "I really like you too by the way."
     "Can I kiss you?" he asks. I give him a nod and he leans in and kisses my lips gently. I kiss him back. He slowly pulls away and looks down. "Will you be my girlfriend?"
     "Yes!!!!" I pull him back into a kiss. He pulls me into the kiss more and I wrap my arms around his neck. He pulls back for air. "Now can we go kill Minho?" I ask him.
     "Yes."
     We both get up and walk to where Minho is sitting. "You suck you know that!" I yell at minho.
     "Did you guys finally tell eachother?" Newt gives him a "yep".
     "Who told the other?" Minho asks.
     "Newt told me."
     "Well Gally I won!" he yells over to Gally
     "You guys bet on us!"
     "Yep" Minho says.
     "If I wasn't so tired I would beat you. I hope you have a good run tomorrow Minho. Night guys.'' I walk over to my hammock and lay down.
     I close my eyes and slowly fall asleep.

Next mourning

     I wake up to my hammock being shakened.
    "Time for the new greenie." I look up and see Gally.
     I get up and head to breakfast. I sit with Newt.

After breakfast

     I hear the siren go off. We all run to the box. We stand there waiting for the box. We hear the box come to a stop. Newt and Gally open the box and there is a little boy sitting on the floor crying. He is the youngest that has come up. Gally goes to jump in but I stop him.
     "I'll do it." I jump in the box and look at this little boy. "Here" I give him my hand and he takes it. He pulls me into a hug and starts crying in my shirt.
I kneel down and look at him. "No one here will hurt you ok?" he gives me a nod. "Now Gally here is going to help you out ok? Just grab his hand." he lets go of me and walks over to Gally and grabs his hand. Gally pulls him out of the box. I follow by also taking Gally's hand. Both Gally and Newt help me out.
     "Ok start unloading!" Alby yells at everyone.
     I grab the little boy's hand and we start to walk to the homestead. I feel a hand on my shoulder. I look over and see Newt standing there.
     "Can I join you for the tour?"
     "Of course." he grabs my hand.

Me, Newt and the little boy walk around the glade. We give him the tour and explain to him all the jobs and who is in charge.

That night at the bonfire.