Chapter 10

Word count: 1,365        Characters count: 6,868

Y/N POV

    I snuggle into Newt's chest and look up outside. I see it's time to run into the maze. I jump out of bed and I hear a grone from Newt.
    "Stay a little longer, love."
    "I can't. It's Thomas's first day." I change and run over to Newt and give him a kiss. "Love you. Oh by the way be careful about Teresa I don't trust her"
    "Love you too. Be safe."
    "Always" I run out of our hut and run over to the pit. "Morning Thomas." I get beside Minho and look at Thomas.
    "Big day, Greenie. Are you sure you don't wanna sit this one out?" Minho asks Thomas.
    "If looks could kill you'd be dead Minho." I tell him.
    "Come on, man. Get me out of here." Thomas tells Minho.
    "I'll meet you guys at the wall." I tell them. I run over to the maze doors and make the vines come to the ground. I grab hold of the vine and it pulls me to the top of the maze. I sit and wait for Thomas and Minho to get to the doors. The boys walk over to the maze door and wait for it to open. I look down at them and yell "Hey boys! I thought you guys got lost!"
    "Ha.Ha. Very funny Y/N. " The door opens and Minho yells again "Let's go!." They run into the maze and I follow from above.

Little later in the Maze.

    "This way. Not much further to the inner ring. Lets go." Minho yells at Thomas. I jump over to the other wall making sure not to lose them. "Come on! This way."
    We get to an open area and I yell at the boys "Give me a minute." They stop and I use the vines to get me down to the ground. "Lets go!" we start running again.

In section 6

    We exit section 6 and we start to slow down and enter section 7. We continue walking and Minho speaks up "That's strange."
    "What?" Thomas asks us with confusion.
    "Seven is not supposed to be open for another week."
    We stop near the entrance of the Blades and Thomas looks up "What the hell is this place?"
    I look at him and tell him "We call them blades."
    Minho looks forward and stops me. I look at what he is looking at. It looks like a shirt, Ben's shirt. "You don't have to come forward."
    "It's ok."
    We walk forward and Thomas, and Minho kneel down. "It's Ben's, isn't it?" Thomas asks but he looks up at me "Sorry."
    "It's ok."
    "Yeah it was Ben's," Minho answers for me. "A grever must have pulled him down here."     We hear a buzzing noise and Thomas grabs Minho back. "Whoa, hey."
    Thomas grabs the thing they found from the griever. He walks back and forth and the buzzing gets louder and softer and louder in the different areas he walks. "I think it's showing us the way. We follow Thomas who is following the device. "Wait, wait, wait." Thomas stops.
    "What, What?" Minho asks.
    Thomas takes a couple steps back and proceeds in another direction. "This way. Come on." We continue to follow the device and it leads us to a large opening. The opening continues onto a long walkway with abussys on each of the sides. The beeping gets louder as we walk along the walkway. "Minho, Y/N, you ever see this place before?"
    "No," Minho says.
    "Yes." They both look at me. "The first night I met the grievers I followed them here but I could never find it after that night." The beeping gets quicker and louder as we approach a wall.
    "Ah, it's just another dead end." Minho says, staring at the wall. The device makes a click and I look at the device in Thomas's hand and there is a green light. The wall starts to slowly open, opening a passage to a circle passage. Minho looks at Thomas "Are you sure about this?"
    "Nope" Thomas walks forward towards the hole. We look up and see a large opening to the top of the maze.
    Minho stops and puts his hand to one of the walls and gets slime on his hand "Grievers.'' A machine noise goes off at the end of the hole. A small red light goes off and scans us. The machine beeps and something creaks. "What the hell was that?"
    "I don't think that's something good." I tell them. Loud noises go off "Ok I think its time to go.
    "We gotta get out of here. Give me the key, give me the key!" Minho yells at Thomas and Thomas gives the key to Minho. We run forward and look back as the door closes with the walls coming down.
    "Move, move, move!" Thomas tells us. We run to the blades and they start to close. 
    "We gotta go! Run, Thomas!" Minho looks at Thomas and he looks back. We run towards the openings left in the blades.
    "Come on Thomas!" I grab his hand and pull him forward. He follows and I let go of his hand.
    "We're gonna get trapped! Go, go!" we make it through the closing blades and Minho yells at us. "Go, go,go!" we get thought two more blades. Minho gets through a third row but the blade closes in front of me and Thomas.
    We run forward to the blades still open but they close shut "Minho!" Thomas yells at Minho.
    "Come on! Let's go, lets go!"
    We get close to an opening but only one will get through so I push Thomas though.
    "What are you doing Y/N?" Thomas yells at me. I run to the next opening and push myself through the opening.
    Thomas catches me and Minho looks at me "Come. Keep going, keep going. Lets go!" 
    We turn sharply towards the way to the glade. We run into a little more open area and the round beneath us starts to shake and break. The floor in front of us breaks apart and stands up straight. We stop and I look up and see a long piece of metal on the wall hings come undone, the only thing holding the metal.
    "Oh come on!" I yell and the piece slowly pushes off the wall.
    "Go,go,go!." Minho yells and me and Thomas follow behind him. I hear it hit the ground and the ground starts to shake crumbling under the weight. More of the large plates in the ground come rushing open beside us. Thomas looks back at everything and Minho looks at him "Come on! Don't look back!" We run towards an area where the ground is left.
    "Oh, shit!" Thomas says as he looks back and another piece of the wall falls down.
    "Thomas stop looking back!" I look around at the walls to see if there are any vines that could pull us up but none are on the wall.
    "There!" Minho tells us to run towards an opening in the wall that is slowly closing.
    "Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Thomas yells as we jump though the opening that is closing.
    We push ourselves though as the space gets smaller and smaller. I push Thomas forward, he falls out and I grab the vines hanging from the walls and pull myself out. I fall onto someone and I hear panting under me. I look under me and see Thomas. "Sorry" I push myself off him and onto the ground.
    I slowly stand up and look at the boys laying on the floor. "I'll meet you guys in the glade."
Minho gives me a nod. Thomas stands up and pulls me aside "Why aren't you coming with us?"
    "If that is the way out then we are getting out of the maze and I need to get stuff from my room."
    He gives me a nod "One more question. Why did you push me though?"
    "I pushed you through the blades because I can survive a night in the maze that far out. For that" I point to the closed door. "If I didn't I would have been crushed."
    "Ok" Thomas says.

"    "Ok" Thomas says

Author noteHope you guys are enjoying the story so far

Author note
Hope you guys are enjoying the story so far. Would love to hear back from you guys on how you like the story so far.