Chapter One

"I'm so sorry for your loss," I say looking down at my feet. The Kent family just lost a loved one. Clark's mother had just passed away two days ago.

"Thank you Vivian," says Clark. Clark's kids, John, Jordan, and I have all been best friends since we were little. They both moved to another school many years ago and I haven't seen them since, but now they're finally back. My mother used to be best friends with their mother Lois. The two ran into each other at a grocery store a few weeks ago and have kept in touch since. My mother pats me on the back. She walks away with Lois and Clark. I stare at John and then at Jordan.

"You two have changed so much," I say.

"Yeah, so have you," says Jordan. He looks down at the ground. I move a strand of my straight jet black hair out of my face.

"So, what do you guys want to do?" asks John.

"We should probably go to our new rooms," says Jordan.

"New rooms?" I ask.

"Yeah, no one told you?" I shake my head no. "Well our parents want us to move back to Smallville. They think it'll be better for all of us. So you should come hangout with John and I in one of our rooms."

"So you'll be going to my high school?"

"Yeah. Maybe you could show us around since you're a sophomore and we're freshmen," says John.

"Yeah I guess I could show the two of you around."

Ten Minutes Later

"So what do you guys want to drink before the three of you go upstairs?" asks Lois.

"Oh could I have some tea?" I ask.

"Always so proper," remarks John. "You haven't changed a bit. Remember you used to force Jordan and I to have tea parties with you."

"John and I even let you pick our outfits and everything." I giggle a little.

"We were five. Not going to lie though you both rocked the Princess dresses and painted nails better than I did. Now look at the two of you. Where has that style gone?" John elbows me in the chest. "Ouch. Did you forget I've changed a bit?"

"Oh uh sorry." He's used to me being flat chested.

"You guys seem like nothing has changed," says mom.

"Yeah well we missed the old days," says John. His arm wraps around my shoulder. Jordan rolls his eyes.

"How come you're not talking much?" I ask as I look at Jordan. John moves his arm off of me.

"Oh uh just a lot going through my head." Lois hands me my cup of tea. I take a couple of sips.

"What do you two want to drink?"

"I'll have a coke and I'm assuming Jordan wants sprite." Jordan nods. Lois gets the two sodas and hands it to them. John knocks over his coke can, I catch it. "Wow nice catch."

"Thanks." A ringing begins to go through my head. I close my eyes for a second. I start to cover my ears. Someone needs me. I know it. I feel a hand on my back.

"Hey, you okay?" asks John.

"Oh yeah I uh I'll be right back." I get off of the stool. I start running out of the house. I go behind the barn and shoot up into the sky. My outfit changes from my black dress to my suit. My hair changes to a light blue and my eyes change color from brown to light blue almost gray. My gray mask appears on my face.