Chapter Six

It has been two days since Jordan went off on me. John thinks it's better if I just keep my distance from Jordan. So that's what I will do.

I grab a few things from my locker and then close it. Jordan is standing right next to it.

"Hey," he says.

"Hey." I start to walk away.

"Hey don't leave!" I turn back around to face him and sigh.

"You're finally wanting to talk?"

"Yes because I was stupid. I shouldn't have done that. I was just mad. Everyone treats me like a child."

"Well you act like one. We just want to protect you but I'm sorry. I was just worried about you, especially with signs of powers."

"Powers?!" Shit.

"Look I've been talking to your father. Ever since the camp fire, with the whole tree thing. It's just weird how you didn't get injured. You haven't shown much after that but I'm worried about you."

"I didn't ask you to worry about me!"

"You know who your father is! It was a possibility." Jordan just stares at me. I sigh. "This conversation is over." He grabs my wrist.

"No it's not."

"Jordan please stop. All we do is fight. Maybe we need space. You're clearly still upset and I don't want to cause you any anger." I get his wrist off of me and run away from him.

"Runaway like you always do!" I stop in my tracks. I turn back around.

"Jordan, calm down," says John. 

"I'm not running away,  I just can't do this right now." I walk into my classroom and lazily watch my teacher discuss the plans for the week. 

An Hour Later

Class gets interrupted when a scream from Sarah Cushing escapes her lips. She points at the window. Everyone gets out of their seats to see the Joker grinning. I shake my head in frustration. I slowly make my way to the door. 

"Class get back in your seats!" my teacher shouts. I roll my eyes. I message Clark. 

Vivian: I'm stuck in class, my teacher won't let me leave.

Clark: It's alright I'll be there in a second. Have you tried to make an illusion before?

Vivian: I have but usually I pass out.

Clark: Now might be a good time to try that out.

Vivian: Are you serious? 

Clark: I believe in you. 

I close my eyes and try to create the illusion of myself but everything goes black. 

A/N: Sorry this is such a short chapter I have been so busy this summer. I have finally gotten back from two trips back to back. My best friend and I are also working on a horror book so that is taking up most of my time. I promise the next chapter will be way better than this.