Chapter Seven

My eyes open to see Sarah looking down at me. 

"What happened?" I ask. She lifts me up and starts leading me out of the empty classroom. 

"Now is not the time for questions. You fainted and we have to get out of here!" 

"Where is everyone else?" 

"They all left. Joker is in the school somewhere and from last time, I'm assuming he's after you. No one else noticed you fainting." She gets quiet and stops moving. She puts her index finger to her lips. She takes me into the girl's locker room. She shoves me into the storage closet. She comes in as well. She quietly closes the door behind her. "Aren't you worried?"

"No because Superman will come to save us, I just know it." 

"And Mistress Mind." 

"And Mistress Mind yeah." I scratch the back of my neck nervously. Since she's in here, I can't transform, which means Clark is on his own. I can hear the door to the locker room open. I'm not sure if Sarah can hear it. Suddenly, the door opens. I pounce on top of the person who opened it. "John?" 

"I wasn't sure if anyone else was still in the school," he chuckles. I get off of him and help him up. Jordan is standing right behind him. He looks at me and then at Sarah. 

"Sarah, you're still here? I thought you were gone. It's not safe here," says Jordan. I roll my eyes. I forgot Jordan used to have a crush on Sarah and I bet now that he's back in Smallville, he likes her again. She steps out of the closet. 

"I had to help Vivian, she fainted." John and Jordan both go silent and turn to me. We hear a big bang. Everyone gets down on the ground. 

"This was obviously a stupid idea," I whisper to the others. Footsteps again can be heard. The door to the locker room opens. Standing in front of us is the Joker. 

"I was looking everywhere for you Vivian," he says showing off his silver teeth. 

"She's not going with you," Jordan threatens. 

"Jordan, don't! All of you go! Now!" I shout. John takes Sarah's arm and starts to lead her out the back doorway. Jordan follows behind them. 

"That's a good girl," Joker smiles. Where the hell is Clark? I snap my fingers to turn into Mistress Mind. 

"Why do you want me?" I cross my arms. 

"Because I want your power. You're pretty powerful for a teenager. Can you imagine what would happen in a few years with your power? It would be perfect." 

"Well you won't get it!" I shoot my magic at him. He falls to the ground. I run out of the locker room. Clark where are you? Clark appears in front of me. 

"Are you okay?" he asks. 

"I'm fine. He's in the locker room." Clark goes into the locker room. A second later a green dust comes out of the locker room, sending Clark into the wall. Joker comes out of the locker room. 

"Superman forgot his weakness." I gasp. 

"Kryptonite!" I shout. I clap my hands together, sending Joker backwards again. I go over to Clark. "Superman! Superman are you okay?" I shake him. He gets up and nods. 

"Yes I'm alright." I go back to the locker room. Joker is gone. I sigh. We'll never catch him. 

A Couple Days Later 

Jordan asked me to hangout with him at our favorite coffee shop, there's something he wanted to ask me. I asked him if John would be coming with us and he said no. I patiently sit at the table with my hot chocolate in hand. Jordan comes running in. 

"Sorry my mom took forever to get ready," he says while taking a seat across from me. 

"It's fine I haven't been here for long. So what did you want to ask me?" 

"Will you- you train me? Like help me get my powers?" 

"Why don't you have your dad do that instead?" 

"Well I did but my grandfather said I'll never be like him." He looks disappointed, I mean who wouldn't be disappointed to hear their own grandfather say they'll never be like their superhero father. 

"Okay I'll help you."