Chapter Four

John's POV

I watch as the Joker picks up Vivian.

"Hey!" I shout. "Put her down!" Joker turns towards me.

"I take what I want!" He shouts as he points his gun at me. Jordan immediately runs down the bleachers and jumps onto Joker, causing Joker to shoot his gun into the air. He gets back up, knocking him out cold. Joker throws Vivian over his shoulder, walking up the bleachers. If I go after him, he'll shoot me and it'll be pointless. I run over to Jordan once Joker is out of site. I grab my phone out to call dad. He says he's a few minutes away but will come as fast as possible.

An Hour Later

"The worst thing that happened to Jordan is a bloody nose," says dad as he hands Jordan a tissue.

"What about Vivian?" Jordan asks.

"We've already contacted grandpa," says mom. "He is already on the search for Joker."

"Why would he even want her?" I ask. Mom looks at dad.

"Would you like to share with the boys what you know?" she asks. Dad swallows hard as he looks at both Jordan and I.

"Well...boys..I think it's time I tell you."

Another Hour Later

"So you're Superman!" I shout.

"And Vivian is Mistress Mind!" Jordan says.

"Yes and I guess it's best for you both to know before either of you show signs of powers. Plus you won't question why Vivian is over and not spending time with either of you."

"Wait she's over when we aren't?" Jordan asks.

"Yes, she has been over for the past two weeks, training with me, preparing for the Joker."

"I thought the Joker was Batman's problem?" I ask.

"Yes, he was until he was killed by the Joker. He then became mine, Vivian, and grandpa's problem and we've been trying to catch him since then. Now that he has Vivian for the time being, we just might be able to catch him."

"We're going with you," I say.

"No, neither of you are. It's too dangerous for you. I know you care for her but it's too risky."

"I love her dad-I" Jordan makes eye contact with me. "She's our childhood best friend, of course I love her. I love her like a friend." That was a total lie. I've always had feelings for Vivian. Ever since I saw her. I knew I had to be with her somehow, whether that be friendship or something more.

"Both of you need to get to sleep. Your father needs to start looking for Vivian." I nod. I follow Jordan up to our rooms. He grabs my wrist and pulls me into the bathroom.

"I know what you just said was a total lie. You have feelings for Vivian. From the first day you saw her, you've acted like she's the love of your life."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Yes you do, don't lie to me."

"Why are you so mad about this?"

"I'm not mad."

"Lies, you're lying Jordan. You're mad because you like her too." He goes silent. "And you're silent because I'm right."

"We should just let her choose who she wants, it's probably you anyways." Jordan leaves me in the bathroom. The girl we both love has been taken from us. I go into my room and lay on my bed, curling up in my blankets, just hoping Vivian will return.